[solved] How do you get things into the Series or Movies listing (1 Viewer)

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
February 2, 2019
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have MediaPortal 2.

Under Videos, there are options for Movies and Series.

How do I get things to appear in these listings? I have recorded movies and series from the TV, but they do not appear here.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have recorded movies and series from the TV, but they do not appear here.
    TV Recordings remain in the folder that you defined in TV Configuration and will not be captured in the database.

The recommended (though not necessarily must-do) approach is to move recorded files from the TV Recording folder into the movie or series shares. However, automatic file recognition is subject to adequately naming the files. The original ts file name will not work. See Wiki entries for Movies and Series.

Nikki Locke

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2019
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So I have to run a separate Windows program (which I can't run on my TV and control with my remote) to move TV recorded movies and series into a separate folder and re-import them to get them to appear here.

Will MP2 recognise that the original recording has gone away, and remove it from the database?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So I have to run a separate Windows program
    If you want to benefit from the features of MP2 (movie and series management, background, description, actor, and director info, etc.) - yes. Speaking for myself, I am cutting everything that I want to keep (I use VideoRedo) and store as MKV. This alone is already saving a third of disk space. If you recode the saving can be considerable higher.

and re-import them to get them to appear here
    No, they are automatically recognized - activate the Share Watcher.

Will MP2 recognise that the original recording has gone away, and remove it from the database?
    Yes.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This feature already is available in MP2. Don't need to look at.
    You can achieve it by simply use different subfolders for recurring recordings and one time recordings in SetupTV. Here you can set custom file names for recordings. If you add e.g. movies\ before the variable file naming for one time recordiungs and e.g. series\ for recurring recordings. Then all recordings in "movies\" are scrapped into the movie section of the database and all recordings in "series\" are to be found in the series section.
    Opposite to the "real" library you only have limited control over file names. So often there is no proper season and/or episodes number available in EPG- data or even the episodes title is not existing... And you can not help MP2 identifying those movies or episodes with e.g. .nfo files or imdbid numbers or similar...

If you don't use fix subfolders, only variable (or no) subfolders, this feature did not work. This is for people like me who don't want to have them in their databases (means recorded episodes, that are watched and deleted). This garbage is blowing up the database more and more and everything that is worth to keep will be cut, transcoded and enriched with fanart and .nfo before it will be moved into the "real" library...

Two examples:
    upload_2019-2-13_20-10-23.png

This is my naming scheme for one time recordings. This way the recordings are not added to the movies section.

If I would change it to this scheme, they will be added:
    upload_2019-2-13_20-11-55.png

You see, the first subfolder in the second example is no variable and now the recordings are scrapped online and are added to the movies section if there was a match.

Exactly the same is working for series. But it has to be a different folder to get it work...

My screenshots are showing SetupTV of TVE 3.5 but it is working exactly the same way in TVE 3.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom