How do you use Teletext? (1 Viewer)

Elconejo

Portal Pro
May 9, 2005
129
0
39
Belgium
Hi,

I use MP with the latest CVS. There is a nice Teletext feature added. But how do i choose a page i want to see? There are 3 buttons: 100,200,300 but that's all. I can surf a bit with the 4 color buttons. But i can't input a page with my 0-9 keys.

Who can help me?

Can i use my remote with the webbrowser plugin? I have a 35-button hauppauge remote.

Thx for the help.

EDIT: It works fine with RC2 now, thanks for the help !
 

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
2,084
3
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
elconejo said:
Hi,

I use MP with the latest CVS. There is a nice Teletext feature added. But how do i choose a page i want to see? There are 3 buttons: 100,200,300 but that's all. I can surf a bit with the 4 color buttons. But i can't input a page with my 0-9 keys.
Go to Fullscreen Teletext (e.g. context menu or the "*" button on your remote when teletext is enabled) to enter pager numbers.

elconejo said:
Can i use my remote with the webbrowser plugin? I have a 35-button hauppauge remote.
Sure, works (make sure to get latest CVS for this!). Keep in mind that it's still being worked on!
 

Elconejo

Portal Pro
May 9, 2005
129
0
39
Belgium
Ok thx

Ok, thx for the reply.

If i get the latest CVS do i just copy it in the MP folder or do i need to register the DLL files? If yes, how do i do this?


Great work on the Teletext function, keep it up !
 

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
558
2
After I mapped the numbers of my remote to the right keys, I can easily select a page.

However, I thought that fullscreen wasnt available. Interesting. Wouldnt it be more intuitive to map that function to the "fullscreen" button combo that is used elsewhere?

regards
Knut
 

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
2,084
3
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
knutinh said:
However, I thought that fullscreen wasnt available. Interesting. Wouldnt it be more intuitive to map that function to the "fullscreen" button combo that is used elsewhere?
Well, if you got a Hauppauge remote, you can change the mapping yourself. See the "*" button for the 45-button remote as an example for the conditions concerning this.
 

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
558
2
I dont have a hauppage remote (iMON PAD here).

What I can do is change the "key" that will be simulated when I press one button. But if I remap the button labelled "fullscreen", then it wont work for fullscreen elsewhere in MP, or am I wrong? Therefore, it seems logical that fullscreen should be mapped consistently inside MP, or "fullscreen for teletext" should be a remappable choice in the MP setup?

regards
Knut Inge
 

knutinh

Portal Pro
September 4, 2005
558
2
Having several options for displaying teletext would be cool. Like adjustable blending with live tv. Or side-by-side (great for 16:9 screens). Or something else...

-k
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom