How does MP handle sequential recording? (3 Viewers)

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Yeah, Big Brother is terrible. Same with Australian Idol. Pretty much zero chance of anything running on time during the run of either horrible show. Also: same with the cricket on 9 and a bunch of other shows. How hard is it to schedule shows properly?

sunsetdk

Portal Pro
October 18, 2005
Nordborg
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi all

My MP takes a different approach. I have set it to record all Simpson’s on one channel, they show 2 shows in a row. So it records the first one, then the 2 one is not recorded, but then the program after is recorded and stored even with the right name, can anyone explain that one?

René

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
November 14, 2005
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I'd like to chip in my tuppence worth on this topic 2, i've quoted from MarcusB's posts and would love to see this feature reinstated. Often if i'm going to be at work i'll set 2 shows in a row to record (i have a pvr150 and a skystar2 so cant record the same channel on 2 different tuners a la the PVR500). I use the post and pre record of 3 minutes as shows have a habit here of not running to time. This works great for the first show and ensures i have a nice buffer, but of course it occasionally records the first minute of the next show in the post record section. I then have to be careful and not to delete my first recording as it contains some of my second show. I know i could reduce the default pre post record options but then i run the risk if the channel is running late of missing something. If it really is straightforward to place the same mpeg twice on the hard drive and essentially have the pre and post record buffers available on both files i'd really appreciate this being reinstated as a standard feature of recorded TV.

Marcus B - I noticed something strange a while ago.
around v .1.3 even with only one tuner, if you had sequential shows on the same channel MP would record them both correctly.
Since the tuner was on the same channel it would start a new recording even while the other one was still going. I was very impressed with this.
Around v.2 RC1 this function vanished and now you need the two tuners.
MarcusB - If you think about it, it just has to record the same MPG2 stream twice, which is no big deal as it can record a numebr of streams with no problems. This is the way it used to work, but stopped sometime around .2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom