how i'm going to build my own system using media portal bases/codes?? (1 Viewer)

extra

Portal Member
September 19, 2007
i'm interested with media portal GUI design. Can i build the system that have a same GUI like a media portal GUI using now, so i can fit it with my current system. i'm don't need all the my dvd, my picture, my radio or other list . What i need is a my own list but using a same GUI media portal design. It is possible to that by modifying media portal codes??

i 'm very appreciated with any kinds of reply :oops:

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    If I understand your post correctly - you want to customise the menu entries in MediaPortal? Correct?

It depends how customised you want it, but you can turn off most features using the Media Portal Configuration settings (Plugins --> right click and disable).

You may need to also modify themes to remove certain items?

Let us know what exactly you wish to change....

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    If you're willing to put in a big coding effort to use major parts of MediaPortal, why not just put that effort into making MediaPortal do what you want / more flexible? You would be benefiting the whole community then.

extra

Portal Member
    September 19, 2007
    If I understand your post correctly - you want to customise the menu entries in MediaPortal? Correct?

It depends how customised you want it, but you can turn off most features using the Media Portal Configuration settings (Plugins --> right click and disable).

You may need to also modify themes to remove certain items?

Let us know what exactly you wish to change....

yup, i 'm really need to customise the menu entries on my own. i'm only want to use it's GUI design to fit in with my current system(vc system). Your media portal give a damn great entertainment functioning system but i just don't need all this kind of staff. What i need it is a media portal GUI design with my own list menu.

It is possible by disabling the plugin through hard-coded. Which svn i should go through??

i already download the code form https://mediaportal.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mediaportal/trunk/mediaportal/
    but it just to create for mediaportal plugin only. i'm really need a mediaportal big code itself :)

If you're willing to put in a big coding effort to use major parts of MediaPortal, why not just put that effort into making MediaPortal do what you want / more flexible? You would be benefiting the whole community then.

i'm really looking for it :D but it matters of time now.let me finish this first :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom