How many tuners? (1 Viewer)

How many tuners do you have in your HTPC?

• Total voters

craigparris1

Portal Pro
May 20, 2008
Home Country
Time to make the leap into the 20th century, I think !!!! (then you can worry about catching up with the 21st century later on ....)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    yeah right, I was hoping that no one would notice my post. :D
    But you're right, it's time to make some changes.
    The point is that I have to change quite a lot: my system has an additional tv card to be able to connect through svideo->scart adapter to a tube tv.
    I'm also considering to install a dedicated server and just a client near the tv.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    1 analogue (couldn't choose a smaller font), so am I the outcast now? :)

How do you look at yourself in the mirror every day with only one analogue tuner :D

I have 3 tuners. A strange mix of 1 DVB-T, 1 DVB-S, and 1 DVB-S2, but it works a treat!

I wish I had another DVB-S2 tuner though.... Can I have the one you don't need please Jay_UK ;)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just one in the TV server, though I wish I could add more (currently not possible, we would have to lay another cable for that).

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    1 dual dvbs2 tuner, to be expanded with another one when the children grow up.
    Also 1 dvbt usb tuner for free to air dvbt (dutch)

wollo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Analogue pvr350 and digital Nova S2, thinking about adding anoter tuner for an old skyhd box with component out.

dominique

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    sdfsdfsdf
    Home Country
    Cameroon Cameroon
    I do not understand how to configure MediaPortal to work with multiple DVB-T tuner? Does the cable from the antenna must go on both cards? I have two DVB-T card in the computer, but for now I set only one. I did not know to set two. How to set up channels on two DVB-T card? I can not find instructions anywhere for this problem. Thank you.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I do not understand how to configure MediaPortal to work with multiple DVB-T tuner? Does the cable from the antenna must go on both cards? I have two DVB-T card in the computer, but for now I set only one.
    That depends on your card. If you have two cards then each will need its own feed

I did not know to set two. How to set up channels on two DVB-T card? I can not find instructions anywhere for this problem. Thank you.
    It is no different to setting up one.
    You can save yourself a little time though and if you only scan on one tuner you can just use the mapping screen (Mapping - MediaPortal Wiki) to map the channels picked up on one card to the other

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom