How to bypass operating system check (1 Viewer)

voltik12

February 18, 2012
Prague, Czech Republic
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hello anyone,
I want to install MediaPortal on new Windows 8 DP, but when i click the install button it says that i don't have compatible operating system. Is here possible to bypass this check? I really need to install it.
Thanks for help.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I definitely hope MP will work on Windows8...
    Normally you can install both parts of MP without deploy tool. First start Deploy Tool and cancel installation after warning. Then look at Windows Temp Dir, find Media Portal installation Dir there. Have a look at Sub- Dir "Deploy". There you can find two .exe files. one is installing TV service and TV plugin, other is installing Client. If you do so you have to look after needed system components yourself. But this is always so if you use not supported OSsses (e.G. WHS...)

4Fred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 8, 2005
    Jönköping
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have no idea if "run in compatibility mode" is present in win8 or not... but on all previous win versions you can right click the app.exe file and under properties set what compab mode you want the app to run.

pbathuk

Portal Member
    December 3, 2010
    Chester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I would quite like it if someone could confirm if MP works ok on Win 8?
    I am installing the Consumer Release at the mo on my laptop and would like MP on it as sometimes use it to watch videos.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom