How to call a browser from MP (1 Viewer)

Habanero

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I would like to be able to create a new item in the MediaPortal menu and make it call Firefox with an address.
    This way I could call lovefilm or netflix without having to close MP. I would ofcause prefer to have those as a real plugin, but it seems to be a longshot for me.... living in Denmark.

Is this possible and how?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Try Browse The Web plugin
    if your skin has Basic Home Editor it should be possible to add specific menu item to open Browse the Web with predefined link as parameter

Last edited:

Habanero

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thanks erichzann - exactly what I was looking for - works perfectly!

Mark Stephenson

Portal Member
    November 22, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Try Browse The Web plugin
    if your skin has Basic Home Editor it should be possible to add specific menu item to open Browse the Web with predefined link as parameter

Any chance you tell me how to do this? In the Home editor I can't find the item for Browse the web even when looking for .xml filename. All I can see is the other Web Browser, which doesn't allow parameters. Is it hiding under some bizarre name?

Mark Stephenson

Portal Member
    November 22, 2012
    Home Country
    It is here https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/news-info/browse-the-web-webbrowser?lang=en
    Also your skin should be supported by plugin. If no just copy skin files from other skins folder to yours

Thanks for the reply. I already have it installed and working, but I can only get to see it when looking in Plugins. I'm using StreamedMP but can't see how to add it to the main menu using the Basic Home Editor as it doesn't appear in the list (that I can see).

Mark Stephenson

Portal Member
    November 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Yeah, I've followed the Wiki but it doesn't mention Browse the Web.

Never mind - I've found that running Firefox via the Multishortcut plugin works fine for me, using my ipad or galaxy s2 to control the mouse or keyboard via the Ultimate Mouse app.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom