How to change Recorded TV layout (1 Viewer)

amphibem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 28, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK don't know if this is the correct place for this, to be honest find the layout here a bit confusing, so feel free to move if necessary.

One of the biggest annoyances I have with MP currently is the recorded TV layout. Probably the easiest way to explain is a screenshot of what I am used to, and prefer:

http://www.mypvr.co.nz/mypvr/images/screen_capture/mythtv_recorded_programs.jpg

This is MythTV's layout (with only a few channels). Under 'All Programs' you get a chronological listing of shows (with no folders) and it shows the EPG data at the bottom.

What I specifically don't like in the MediaPortal is the folders at the top for multiple shows, it ruins the chronological order, and also the fact that I have to switch to Icon view to see the Epg data, at that size I can only see 4 shows!

This really lowers the usability of the Media-Center so I am looking for a way to change this interface. Is maybe a new skin the solution? Is it worth posting this as a suggestion for the devs? What do others think?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I hate the folders layout, especially since theres no way of telling if its just one show or several, pressing play on the folder does nothing and your wife gets frustrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom