How to change resolution for recording (1 Viewer)

Mightyorbots

January 25, 2015
Houston, TX
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but how do I change the resolution that a TV show is recorded at in Media Portal 1.10? I can't seem to find either a MePo setting or a configuration setting that relates to recorded resolution.

Currently, regardless of whether I manually record or "schedule" record, MePo seems to record at its highest resolution - I think it ended with 1080. The result is a very large file - 5 to 6 Gig for a hour's worth of recording. I'd like to cut the size down a lot - like to between 300 to 400 Mb for an hour.

I'm currently using an ATI TV Wonder 600 (PCI) with a hybrid tuner running on Windows 8.1. Do I have to set something in the ATI Catalyst (driver) to make this change?

Forgive me if this question has already been answered! I'm just a newbie here.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MePo is not changing the resolution but merely records the stream as it is provided by the provider. So HD remains HD.

Mightyorbots

January 25, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    Thanks for your reply, HTPC_Sourcer!

So you're saying I need to change it in the ATI TV Wonder card in order to get output smaller than HD resolution? I'm not quite sure how to do that since all I can find on this old card is just a Vista driver that doesn't seem to have any settings associated with it.

If anyone has any experience with this card (or an ATI one similar to it), I'd appreciate any suggestions!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    what are you doing with the file that you need to scale it down? Are you just trying to conserve on recording space, or store it, like in TV Series. If the later, a utility like VidCoder can scale the size down (I rescale all my 1080 to 720 using it) and create an mp4 or mkv file for storage. As for rescaling when it is recording... I can't suggest anything..

Mightyorbots

January 25, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    I'd like to store the TV series I download, so I'm trying to make them as small as possible. I am using another program to convert the recorded TV series to a smaller size (and to MP4 format). I was just hoping I could adjust the recording size/resolution in Media Portal itself.

Thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom