How to change y position of subtitles (1 Viewer)

joossens

November 1, 2008
In this topic I discovered some extra possible settings for subtitles.
I was thinking to use this for shifting subs down but didn't manage to.
I always try to shift subtitles as low as possible in the screen so they are sitting in the empty black border of the screen.(for most movies)
Alas all I could find for setting this was the "adjustY" setting I had set to 47 in MP1.
I found the subtitle settings xml portion in the MP1 xml files but I have no Idea if it is possible to add this to MP2?

Can anyone help me with this?
Kind Regards,
Jo

Last edited:

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    In this topic I discovered some extra possible settings for subtitles.
    Those settings (MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Settings.MpcSubsSettings.xml) are only valid (as the file name says) only for the MPC-HC subtitle engine. They identical with the MPC-HC settings in MP1.
    I found the subtitle settings xml portion in the MP1 xml files but I have no Idea if it is possible to add this to MP2?
    Currently it's not possible to change the subtitle position.

joossens

November 1, 2008
    That's unfortunate, we all know how it is when the wife complains about something. I think I'll have to switch back to MP1 for her...

chemoul

Portal Member
    September 29, 2019
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi, just checking whether it's still not possible to adjust the position of subtitles in MP2? Mine are essentially in the centre of the screen, rather than at the bottom where they should be.
    Also, I don't seem to be able to adjust the font size, the text is so small it can't be read.
    Adjusting the font size parameter in c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config\[user_guid]\MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Settings.MpcSubsSettings.xml as suggested in another thread doesn't seem to do anything.
    Edit: ok, re-read above message to find the xml is only for the MPC-HC subtitle engine , however would still be keen to know if position and size of the subtitles can be changed somehow.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom