How to configure keyboard/remote mapping? (1 Viewer)

acrimonis

Portal Member
May 31, 2008
Home Country
France France
Hi,

I have a MCE remote that I use with MP using eventghost and the message plugin.

I would like to configure a button on my remote to trigger the "Actions" menu in MP-TVSeries, and can't figure out how to do that.

The remote part is secondary as it would be enough to map a specific key then map the remote to it thru the message plugin.

I found info on how to map the next/prev fanart by editing the keyboard properties in the Mp config ("Fast Cycling of Artwork via Keyboard or Remote"), and that would work... except that I didn't find the "Actions" action in the list of actions available.

Q: did I just miss the Actions action in the keybd config? If so, sorry... which one is it?
Q: if not, is there a list of specific MP-TVseries actions available anywhere? If so, they wouldn't show in the MP kbd config would they?
Q: am I going about this in a completely wrong way? If so sorry... what would be a better way?

Thanks in advance, :D

-n

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    There are a few MePo actions hardcoded to certain MP-TVSeries events.

The reason for this is because MePo does not offer a way for a plugin to link itself into that remote system to make it easier.

Existing hardcoded MePo actions can be found @ MP-TVSeries FAQ: Fast Cycling

Hope this helps.

acrimonis

Portal Member
    May 31, 2008
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep, I did see that... As you said the list is very short. Thanks for your answer.

Though, I was looking for other actions (the tvseries defined ones) and a way to map to them... Anyone? Anyone?

Maybe it's not possible out of the box, but that would surprize me... Anyone? Anyone?
    I can't believe either that nobody else ever looked at something like this... anyone? Anyone?

Thanks again nonetheless.

-n

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom