[solved] How to configure subtitle color in MP 2.2.1? (1 Viewer)

dhrto

Portal Pro
October 23, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
How can I change the subtitle color in MP 2.2.1? In MP1 this can be done via the separate configuration tool. In MP2 the configuration is moved to 'inside' MediaPortal, but there seems to be no option to change the color? Or am I just overlooking things? Any help is much appreciated!

dhrto

Portal Pro
October 23, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Wow thanks for the super fast reply! Hopefully this option doesn't require much work to be added in the future. Keep up the good work!

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    You can't.
    not true :p

MP2 use the same subtitle engine as MP1 (mpc-hc). The settings for the engine are stored in:
    c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config\[user_guid]\MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Settings.MpcSubsSettings.xml
    The color is stored in the setting "FontColorInHex". For i.e. yellow set it to FFFF00. You can also change the font or font size.

It was originally the plan to allow to change these settings from the UI. I personally never change them therefore I left only the XML. If there is a demand to make it adjustable from the UI, it can be done with little effort.

dhrto

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thank you aspik! It seems other parameters such as border / shadow is configurable as well, very nice.
    You've read my mind about yellow too haha. Must be because I got used to it from the old days of hard subbed anime.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The settings for the engine are stored in:
    c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Config\[user_guid]\MediaPortal.UI.Players.Video.Settings.MpcSubsSettings.xml
    I wished you guys would occasionally consider to share such knowledge in a Wiki article...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom