How to control MP when unfocused with Logitech Dinovo Mini (1 Viewer)

Rhym

Portal Member
March 14, 2009
Home Country
Norway Norway
I run MediaPortal on my primary pc, with an extended desktop (Monitor + TV). I use a Logitech Dinovo Mini to control it, but it can be considered a normal keyboard in this context. Or to put it another way, I have 2x kb+mouse in use at once.

Now my problem is this. Every time someone wants to use the PC as the same time as as someone uses MediaPortal on the TV, the Dinovo Mini will naturally control the current active window. I would ideally like for the Dinovo Mini to only affect the MediaPortal window, and not care if it has focus or not. Even better if it doesn't need to give focus back to MP.

Any ideas?

Mr.WOP

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 9, 2006
    The Netherlands
    If you use a MCE compatible remote(I use a Logitech 885 remote and IRtrans receiver) instead of another keyboard/mouse combo, it is possible to control mediaportal without giving the focus back.
    AFAIK it isn't possible with a 2nd keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
    I have now connected the IR Receiver from the HAMA Remote and enabled the HDI in Remotes. It will worke
    Hello I used SerialUIR on my old XP HTPC. But unfortunately I can't get it to work right now. I plugged the COM plug of the old...
    Replies
    Views
    I just recently had an epiphany around QueryDisplayConfig w.r.t. how Windows deals with displays. The MS documentation uses the word 'display' to refer to both GDI-devices and the monitors themselves. There is also a zoo of different Id formats that refer to these things (adapters, displays, monitors, etc), and often no apparent way...
    I just recently had an epiphany around QueryDisplayConfig w.r.t. how Windows deals with displays. The MS documentation uses the...
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    Good idea. I will try that. I may found have something here: RC: Simple Fix for Windows XP MediaCenter 2004 (Post 6 by...
    Good idea. I will try that. I may found have something here: RC: Simple Fix for Windows XP MediaCenter 2004 (Post 6 by...
    Hi, I've been using Media Portal now for several years and never experienced any problems. It's a fantastic piece of software. At...
    Replies
    Views
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my keyboard just fine (also lightspeed wireless). Suggestions?
    Ok, just done some more mucking around. turns out my logitech mouse seems to be extremely unresponsive in media portal. Can use my...
    Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
    Replies
    Views
    Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
    Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom