How to Control set top box with Hauppage remote (1 Viewer)

johandutoit

September 6, 2006
I have the Hauppage PVR-150. I am running Media Portal. How can I teach my Hauppage remote to control my set top box via its IR transmitter that was included? Does MyBlaster only work for MCE remotes? Is there a similar program\plugin for Hauppage? Please give some instruction on how to use the software.

Maby someone has figured out how to use the Blastercfg learn functionality that came with WinTV?

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Please do not post about the same topic in several forums. I removed the other thread. This forum is the correct place.

sbp

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Auning
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi, I'm using the Hauppauge blaster to control my sat box, and this is the steps that I used:

1. You need to use the blasterconfig program that came with the TV-card. Here you must find the correct settings, so that you from this program can change the program on your sat-box. There are several different to choose from (on the drop down list). If your brand isn't there, then choose "test all" and probably it will find a match. You should be able to see that the blaster flashes, otherwise try to press the jack further into the TV-card (mine is rather difficult to push in).

Edit/ It is very important that you place the blaster right on top of the IR_reciever on the sat box, because the blaster only has a very short range. A few mm off-place could be the difference between failure and sucess. So if you have problems in getting the sat box to react on the test program, then try to re-align the blaster/Edit

When you have this working, you can close the config program.

2. Next you should enable the hauppauge blaster plugin in MP.

3. Then you have to go into the TV-channel setup and here you define which channels that need to use the blaster and which number it should use. Se my post here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=9925

Hope this helps
Steen

johandutoit

September 6, 2006
I will try again. I doubt that mine would pick it up because I live in South Africa. I doubt Hauppauge would have support for our Multichoice decoders.

You do not perhaps know how to use the learn function.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom