How to delay recording's start time and advance stop recording time? (1 Viewer)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I knew I should have tested before posting. The 1 time show started/stopped at the expected times. BUT the "all episodes" show did NOT stop/start at the modified times. MePo Client TV >Schedules also showed the expected start/stop times for the 1 time show, but the "all episodes" show seemed to get rounded to 7:00 to 7:30.

I don't have time to fiddle with this any more tonight. Maybe I'll try tomorrow, but 1st pass says this approach WILL NOT WORK. If it only works for 1 time shows it is not worth the effort.

whiteoutage

Portal Member
    February 7, 2014
    Home Country
    I knew I should have tested before posting. The 1 time show started/stopped at the expected times. BUT the "all episodes" show did NOT stop/start at the modified times. MePo Client TV >Schedules also showed the expected start/stop times for the 1 time show, but the "all episodes" show seemed to get rounded to 7:00 to 7:30.

I don't have time to fiddle with this any more tonight. Maybe I'll try tomorrow, but 1st pass says this approach WILL NOT WORK. If it only works for 1 time shows it is not worth the effort.
    My onetime recording worked (recorded for the fives minutes), however it also recorded the entire show as a separate recording for some reason? Will try again tomorrow too.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    double check that you don't have 2 recordings, 1 for the short/hacked time, 1 for the original scheduled time.

whiteoutage

Portal Member
    February 7, 2014
    Home Country
    double check that you don't have 2 recordings, 1 for the short/hacked time, 1 for the original scheduled time.
    I forgot step 3 - doh! Not sure why that step is necessary if imported schedule is changed and then replaced? Looks like this will work - my 8 minute recording definitely worked today, and i will report back if it works tomorrow. Did you get your all eposides to work?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    I did not have time to play with this yesterday. So what was the "trick" that lets you set the start/stop times you wanted? You are now the worlds expert on MediaPortal TV Recording start/stop time tweaking.

whiteoutage

Portal Member
    February 7, 2014
    Home Country
    You are now the world's expert on MediaPortal TV Recording start/stop time tweaking.

:cool:-got that going for me:cool: __ But I really just followed your 5 step program! Note that on step three I deleted the "entire schedule" within mediaportal, not TV Server's imported schedule. Entire schedule only refers to the one series, not all your scheduled recordings (you might want to backup your schedules just in case, because I'm not sure if I remember exact terminology -> "entire schedule"). Again, I would think that step 3 would not be necessary because of export/import change, but maybe the schedule is stored in another area of the program as well? Like you say, this import/export method takes a little longer and some simple program changes by team MP would make matters easier. Anyhow, at least now I can set up "season" recordings to be anywhere between 1 second to 29 minutes! AFAIK you can't do that in WMC, NICE!!

Aside - I am starting to like this open source media center! The pot is sweetened when you think Win 8 Home edition charges an extra $100 for their media center. Though I did pay $25 for a 1 yr. sub to get decent Schedules Direct EPG info. Now if I can just figure out a cheaper or free alternative to SD.:unsure:

Last edited:

whiteoutage

Portal Member
    February 7, 2014
    Home Country
    You are now the world's expert on MediaPortal TV Recording start/stop time tweaking.

:cool:-got that going for me:cool: __ But I really just followed your 5 step program! ..........

Anyhow, at least now I can set up "season" recordings to be anywhere between 1 second to 29 minutes!

This above hack does NOT work! What I thought were 5 minute recordings of an entire series are actually hour long recordings of an entire series. Has anyone else reading this thread had any success recording small time frames of daily or weekly shows?

dam, now i don't even have that going for me. think i might just cash in my chips.:notworthy:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom