How to disable Multi Channel Decryption (1 Viewer)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have some problems with the CAM settings in TV-Setup and disabling Multi-Channel Decoding:

Usage: Digital Devices DVB-C Card (same happens also for DVB-S cards)
    Setting: CAM is bound to one tuner and CAM-limit is set to 1

While programming future records, MP permits to have parallel recording of multiple channels if they are on the same transponder w/o any warning given.
    (if they are on different transponders a conflict is identified)

As the Digital Devices cards won't support Multi Channel records this results in only one channel to be recorded while the other continuously fails to start.

Can the Multi Channel Decryption somehow been disabled or is this a new feature request that MP is checking if the Cards support Multi Channel decoding?

Thanks in advance & Cheers,

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi yhoogi :)

Can the Multi Channel Decryption somehow be disabled...?
    Setting the CAM limit to 1 should do this.
    For DD tuners, you have to do this (ie. set CAM limit to 1 in TV Server Config) for all tuners which are linked to the CI/CAM in DD Control Center.

Having said that, I recall there may be a known issue where the CAM limit is not respected if tuning channels that are on the same transponder. You can read about it here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...me-certain-channel.131109/page-5#post-1144416

AFAIK there is no solution.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the link

As mentioned before CAM limit already set to 1 and channels are tied to only one tuner

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom