how to disable "not responding" title-bar in vista? (1 Viewer)

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    TV-Server Version: svn from 2007-05-18
    MediaPortal Version: same
    MediaPortal Skin: bluetwo
    Windows Version: vista
    CPU Type: athlon 64 3500+
    HDD:
    Memory: 1GB
    Motherboard:
    Motherboard Chipset:
    Motherboard Bios:
    Video Card: Gigabyte 8500GT
    Video Card Driver:
    Sound Card:
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card:
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case:
    Cooling:
    Power Supply:
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection:

This is a little offtopic, but does anybody know how to disable the "not responding" message in windows vista? i didn't have this problem in xp, but every time when mediaportal does something with a little more cpu/hdd activity, there appears a vista title-bar above the bluetwo theme which states "not responding", and looks _really_ ugly. if this bar is there for more than a few seconds, vista prompts me to kill mediaportal, which is very distracting. even the splashscreen gets a title-bar all of a sudden while loading the plugins.

thanks,
    -erwin

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi Eabin - any joy on this? I get the same thing in Vista whenever I start fullscreen etc... Thanks in advance :)

Eabin

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    i do have a few rather rude patches that i use on my local copy - but they are far from perfect. i think i will be sitting this one out and wait for MP2 :)

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Thanks for your post Eabin - I played around with this a little last night and using MPFocus this problem is almost completely fixed for me - did you try that? If so, did it make much of a difference for you?

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Hi iosub. MPfocus is a plugin that keeps mp as the focus windows (see: MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - MpFocus)

That said; mpfocus didn't fix my problem and I still have this issue. I've learnt to live with it by setting my windows desktop to completely black (with taskbar auto-hide on) so my screen basically just goes black for a moment - which is less jarring than dropping out to a desktop.

I'm not sure what the issue is - seems there's something in MP that causes Vista to have a pregnant pause when you go in and out of full screen. (BTW I loaded SP1 this week in the hope it might fix it but no-good)

It would be great if we could figure this one out - let me know if you get anywhere :)

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Hi iosub. MPfocus is a plugin that keeps mp as the focus windows (see: MEDIAPORTAL - free MediaCenter HTPC Software - MpFocus)

That said; mpfocus didn't fix my problem and I still have this issue. I've learnt to live with it by setting my windows desktop to completely black (with taskbar auto-hide on) so my screen basically just goes black for a moment - which is less jarring than dropping out to a desktop.

I'm not sure what the issue is - seems there's something in MP that causes Vista to have a pregnant pause when you go in and out of full screen. (BTW I loaded SP1 this week in the hope it might fix it but no-good)

It would be great if we could figure this one out - let me know if you get anywhere :)

Thanks for the answer..
    I was using Eabin patch untill yesterday that I found that MyAlarm Sleep was not working..
    If you don't need MyAlarm, Eabin Patch WORKS GREAT.. No more Blank Window o "No repond window in Vista", hope Eabin has time to check this problem again

Thanks!!

BKCH

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    COOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

Thanks guys :)

One question; does that mean I'll miss out of changes in SVN builds or does mediaportal.exe rarely change??

Thanks again - this is great :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One question; does that mean I'll miss out of changes in SVN builds or does mediaportal.exe rarely change??

Is there a constant in the universe :)

Seriously, everything is being cleaned\debugged ATM, so there are changes everywhere, with all members of the team working toward a RC release.

Sorry no guarantees

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom