How to display image from process plugin (1 Viewer)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I want to display an image (System.Drawing.Image) in MediaPortal triggered by a process plugin. Is there a way to do this, like I can play video files with g_Player? Or what other way can be used?

Thanks,
    Shukuyen.

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    You can set a property with image filename and use <type>image</type> in the skin with that property in <texture> tag.

If property is empty, picture is not visible and control.hasthumb(imageID) is false.
    If property contains valid filename, picture is shown and control.hasthumb(imageID) is true.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the answer, SilentException, but as I want to show this image from a process plugin I don't have a skin file?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure what you are trying to do but to display an image you will need a window plugin and skin file. You can say set a skin property with the path to an image file but actually displaying the image needs a window plugin

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am trying to build an Air Play client (apples "streaming" brand) that can receive videos and images from iOS devices. You would push a "display on mediaportal" button on your iPhone and the image will appear on MediaPortal.

I thought it would be good to do this as a process plugin so that it can listen for Air Play connections in the background and display / play content once it is initiated by the device. I don't need any GUI for this except when displaying the content ...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just expose some skin properties and the skins can display the images etc.

So you can have a property like #AirPlay.Active which evaluates to true|false, you can also also publish all your other fields as well and then skins can add overlay imports where they want to show it.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Damien, that sounds like what I was looking for. Now I just have to find out how to pass a System.Drawing.Image to the GUIImage control - as far as I have seen this may not be possible, so I will probably have to save the image to disk first.

To be honest, this skin stuff is really confusing ;-)

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Shukuyen

Great idea having an airplay client built in. I guess you would have to generate 2 plugins, one Process Plugin "Bonjour Listener" that would listen for AirPlay connections and a Window Plugin that would show the Airplay Content. This way you would not only be able to receive pictures, but also Video (and maybe Music).

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Shukuyen

Great idea having an airplay client built in. I guess you would have to generate 2 plugins, one Process Plugin "Bonjour Listener" that would listen for AirPlay connections and a Window Plugin that would show the Airplay Content. This way you would not only be able to receive pictures, but also Video (and maybe Music).

Hey mbuzina,

I think it could work from a process plugin like ltfearme wrote. I can already receive images and videos but not yet display them (hopefully images will work soon, after the help I get here, for videos I will have to reuse the onlinevideos player stuff but it's hard if you don't know what you are doing :D).

Music isn't included in the receiver class yet, it is streamed encrypted. There seems to be a reverse engineered private key to make music work, so maybe some time in the future ...

I want to clean up the code a bit and maybe get images to work then I will upload the project to SVN. Maybe someone with more c#/mediaportal experience is willing to help with this :)

hierl_w

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello guys,

I have the same problem with showing pictures from the process plugin "MP Upnp Renderer".
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...erer-process-plugin.104959/page-3#post-858917

I don't want to make a extra window plugin + skin, If not necessary, because
    I have no skin know how & plugin can be used with every skin.

Music and video is working fine from process plugin by activating any screen and playing the mediaUrl with gPlayer. But only the pictures I can't show correctly.

Isn't it possible to show in fullscreenmode of the pictureviewer/slideshow?
    Like aktivate fullscreenwindow and set the picture from process plugin.

Can anyone give me some code examle how to show the pictureUrl, please.
    Should I cache the picture before showing?

Can I show the exifDialog in Fullscreen?

Edit: Now It works by using the SlideshowWindow...

bye,
    hierl_w

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom