How to edit new 1.2 beta Basic screen (1 Viewer)

gusangora

Portal Pro
January 14, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hello all,
I had some help a while ago to edit the Basic Home screen with Blue3Wide skin and would appreciate some help to edit the new Basic screen in MP 1.2 Beta.
Basically, I want to change the icons and respective links/shortcuts on the Basic screen to show TV, Music, Pictures, My TVSeries (plugin) and Moving Pictures (plugin). I don't care which order they appear across the screen, but ideally Pictures/Music/TV/My TVSeries/Moving Pictures.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
nb. would it be difficult to add an option in the configuration screens to choose which features/elements appear on the Basic screen?

gusangora

Portal Pro
January 14, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Sorry, I should have done that initially (although, I thought maybe it's only me that didn't know, or cared!).
I used this info from the Black&White skin forum: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/black-white-1080p-286/change-remove-items-basichome-44318/ and adapted where necessary.
Basically, find the BasicHome skin file. For me, using Vista, it was under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\DefaultWide
Right-click then select "edit". Scroll down to the icon definitions (first one is "<description>home BM Pictures</description>", then change the values for these items, where indicated:
<control Style="NoShadow">
<description>home BM Pictures</description> =>change "Pictures" to whatever you are replacing with
<type>button</type>
<id>3</id>
<posX>45</posX>
<posY>280</posY>
<width>230</width>
<height>275</height>
<textureFocus>hover_my pictures.png</textureFocus> =>change "hover_my pictures.png" to whatever you are replacing with. The names of the icon files are in this folder: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\DefaultWide\Media
<textureNoFocus>hover_my pictures.png</textureNoFocus> =>change "hover_my pictures.png" to whatever you are replacing with
<hyperlink>2</hyperlink> =>change "2" to the corresponding hyperlink
<label>1</label> =>change "1" to either the corresponding Label reference or just type whatever Label you prefer. For example, my Label for Moving Pictures just says "Movies"
<font>font16</font>
<textalign>center</textalign>
<textYOff>-120</textYOff>
<textcolor>ffffffff</textcolor>
<textcolorNoFocus>00000000</textcolorNoFocus>
<onleft>8</onleft>
<onright>4</onright>
<onup>21</onup>
<ondown>99</ondown>
<animation effect="zoom" start="100,100" end="120,120" time="100">focus</animation>
<animation effect="zoom" start="120,120" end="100,100" time="50">unfocus</animation>
<animation effect="zoom" start="20,20" end="100,100" center="640,360" time="70">WindowOpen</animation>
<animation effect="zoom" start="100,100" end="1,1" center="640,360" time="70">WindowClose</animation>
</control>
I will upload my new file later (not on that computer, at present).

Steelman1991

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Thanks a lot mate will try out your file sometime tonight - appreciate the help.

Steelman1991

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    You sir are a star - works exactly as I hoped thanks again my Antipodean friend.

piccirilli

Portal Member
    September 24, 2009
    Just what I was looking for! Thanks much.
    A note for developers, it would be nice to accomplish this in the plugin screen options. Currently for 1.2 beta it does not work.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    A note for developers, it would be nice to accomplish this in the plugin screen options. Currently for 1.2 beta it does not work.

There is no current MediaPortal feature to customize the BasicHome screen on the default skins. The only inbuilt functionality is to customize the Home screen. For BasicHome you need to dig into the xml yourself as explained earlier in this thread.

That being said, there was already internal discussion to expand those functionality to BasicHome, but that is currently an open discussion maybe for the distant future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom