How to edit the scheduled stop time on a recording with negative minutes to resolve conflicts (1 Viewer)

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
September 21, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I get a conflict every time a TV show claims that it stops one minute past the hour. That causes a conflict with the next hour since the one minute overage claims the entire next half hour or hour as if it was a continuing recording. Is there any way to edit the stop time so I just lose that one minute? ( like my old VCR let me do where I could manually set the start and stop time.) Obviously they do this to mess with DVR recordings. I edited my TV server post processing stop time to zero extra minutes and that did not help because the exact stop time is still one minute into the next hour. Maybe allow for some minus minutes in the TV server recording post processing stop time configuration tab? Say at least up to three to allow for them to add more than a minute to a program? Also have it apply to just the new recording by allowing editing of the start and stop time when a conflict arises instead of only being able to cancel the recording. I have an HD Homerun with 2 tuners. I cannot add a third tuner because it overloads the computer and pixellates every program being recorded, but that is another issue and not for this question. I just mention it because I already tried that and that is not a solution for me.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is there any way to edit the stop time so I just lose that one minute?
    There is a cumbersome workaround that might work:

(1) Start "TV Server Config".
    (2) Export the recording schedule to a file.
    (3) Edit the file using something like Notepad.
    (4) Modify the end or start times as necessary.
    (5) Use "TV Server Config" to import the modified file.

I have not tried this, so I don't know whether it will actually work.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

OTA Watcher

Portal Member
    September 21, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I use schedules direct here in the US and it updates nightly so that won't work for me. There probably is no solution. I just realized that even if I could stop my recording early, that does not help with the conflict since it is based on the schedule not my recordings. Thanks for the thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom