How to Flush the "EPG" Data in TV3 (1 Viewer)

jojjal

Portal Pro
October 21, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

In tv2 there is a button to delete old epg data, but how is it in TV3 engine, how to i flush the EPG database?

I have a problem with timezone and now i cant get a new start to test further.

As TV3 is driven "mostley" with Sql then it feels like it is somwhere in the database....

so point me in the right direction plz..

//Johan

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    Download SQL Server Management Studio Express HERE Once you have that installed.... run this query

DELETE FROM [TVLIBRARY].[DBO].[PROGRAM]

Once you run that, it should say how many lines it deleted from the database.

You can also save that query for later use.

jojjal

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    ASiDiE Thanks for that query...It dit the "trick"....

//Johan

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,

is there a chance that you also know the syntax for MYSQL 5.0 ?

I have no administration system installed for the MYSQL 5.0 server but have the option for running the necessary tasks from a DOS shell.

I can dump the table with this command for example:
    Code:
    mysqldump.exe -uusername -ppassword tvlibrary program > test.sql

it would be great if somebody could help me. I just have another two hours wasted on searching for the right code. Almost every single documented code refers to a shell like PHPmyAdmin which doesn't really help me :( .

-level20peon

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No. I think this button refers to the DVB-EPG only. The Web-EPG however is not reloaded / refreshed.

-level20peon

Hemin

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    No. I think this button refers to the DVB-EPG only. The Web-EPG however is not reloaded / refreshed.

-level20peon

Yes, do the same thing, deleting all DB program table, but reload the tv guide ONLY when it detecs a NEW xmltv from the last update, So the ideal thing would be delete the DB.program automatically before the webepg guide download all tv program data.

I have to click the refresh button and change anything on the xmltv file so the autoupdate detects a new one.

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

-level20peon

Yes, do the same thing, deleting all DB program table, but reload the tv guide ONLY when it detecs a NEW xmltv from the last update, So the ideal thing would be delete the DB.program automatically before the webepg guide download all tv program data.

I have to click the refresh button and change anything on the xmltv file so the autoupdate detects a new one.

You are right. This is the reason why I am looking for a way to force the database to rebuild. Maybe it would be usefull if MediaPortal would be forced to reload the xml file on pushing the "Refresh EPG" button even if the same file has already been loaded in the past.

-level20peon

Rhys.Goodwin

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah that would be handy, Otherwise it's aways: open file-edit-save

Hemin

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Download SQL Server Management Studio Express HERE Once you have that installed.... run this query

DELETE FROM [TVLIBRARY].[DBO].[PROGRAM]

Once you run that, it should say how many lines it deleted from the database.

You can also save that query for later use.

Hi ASiDiE,

Is there any way to do it on the windows CLI? I want to ejecute a script before I download the xmltv file to force a complete update of the PROGRAM table, not only the last day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom