How to for installing MP on WHS 2011 (1 Viewer)

Kemik

August 30, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm very new to MP so wondered if anyone knows of a how-to guide on installing MP on WHS 2011?

If not can anyone give me some high level pointers. For example what version I should install 1.4 or MP 2 Alpha 2?

I also have Sat tuner cards in my WHS that I'm hoping to utilise so would need to know what else on top of MP if anything I need to enable the live TV /record, etc capabilities

Thanks in advance

Kemik

August 30, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
October 22, 2009
Eupen
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Hi, thats because Windows Home Server has as base the Windows Server 2008 R2. There should be no big differences between 2008 and 2012.
The most important things to do are: copying the needed bda Drivers from a Windows Desktop System and enabling some Desktop funtionalities which are described in the thread.
I made this one time for a Server 2012, and this worked well.

olavm

Portal Pro
November 1, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway
Bumping this thread. Trying to install Tvserver 1.4 on WHS2011 with my two FloppyDTV-cards. Problem is that they are not even visible in device manager, so the setup program can't fin them. Changed to the legacy driver, tried the BDA hacks but nothing.

Is there a problem with firewire and 64-bit whs?

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Bumping this thread. Trying to install Tvserver 1.4 on WHS2011 with my two FloppyDTV-cards. Problem is that they are not even visible in device manager, so the setup program can't fin them. Changed to the legacy driver, tried the BDA hacks but nothing.

Is there a problem with firewire and 64-bit whs?

Not as fas as i know. Had 2 FloppyDTV Cards running fine on WHS2011. Again; no BDA hacking needed. Might be issue with you firewire card or
    the tv cards. What does their led tell? Green?

olavm

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Stupid me, found out there was a onboard firewire port, no wonder it didn´t work with the pci-card.

Anyway, got the driver loaded and cards recognized in device manager. But now MP TV-server can´t find them. Maybe all the BDA hacking wrecked my server...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Anyway, got the driver loaded and cards recognized in device manager. But now MP TV-server can´t find them. Maybe all the BDA hacking wrecked my server...
    Using the legacy firewire driver, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom