How to for installing MP on WHS 2011 (1 Viewer)

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @mm1352000

The DVB-Hack is NOT necessary for WHS2011. This is only true for any other windows server system.

I would recommend to reinstall whs2011 and MePo wo/ any hack.

If you guys still dont trust me on that i will hit the search button for you. ;)

Last edited:

olavm

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    @mm1352000

The DVB-Hack is NOT necessary for WHS2011. This is just true for any other windows server system.

I would recommend to reinstall whs2011 and MePo wo/ any hack.

If you guys still dont trust me on that i will hit the search button for you. ;)

Got some really great help from mm1352000 to look at my system and the conclusion was that the bda hack wrecked my system :) Going to reinstall tonight and install firedtv drivers and tvserver first thing.

olavm

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    For future reference:

- WHS2011 do support BDA devices from fresh install, and MePo TVserver works as a charm on that system. Had a small scare, but setting 1 channel per CAM fired up the system
    - Do check if there already is firewire on the motherboard before trying to install ancient PCI firewire card no supported by 64-bit OS. This started everything.
    - MePo forum members are great people

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Glad to hear you got it sorted and thanks for the confirmation about BDA - I'll keep that in mind for next time. Happy TV watching! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom