How to get Programme Guide with DVB-T from broadcast signal (1 Viewer)

jerrytaff

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: 0.3.1
Skin: projext x
Windows Version: windows xp sp2
CPU Type: athlon xp2000+
Memory: 512M ddr 266
Motherboard Chipset:via kt266/a kt 333/a
Video Card: nvidia geforce mx420
Video Card Driver: 6.6.9.3
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: Overlay
Video Codec Type & Version:
Audio Codec Type & Version: a
TV Card: type of TV card, v-stream xpert dvb-t pci
TV Card Type: DVB

Hello,
Thanks to some very helpful people in this Forum, I've managed to get my v-stream xpert dvb-t pci card running. I was vaguely aware that that the freeview broadcasts include channel guide info - that's how the set-top boxes get their display information, but I was pleasantly surprised when all the ITV channels spontaneously displayedthe data. However the rest of the channels (including BBC) don't. I know there are ways of getting the data in via the internet, but I'd rather get the info from the live feed. How do I get it to display the info for the rest of the channels? I'm based near London, tuned to the Crystal Palace transmitter, if it makes any difference.

jerrytaff

Portal Member
October 16, 2005
I found other discussions on this topic. I installed version 0.2.0 and the latest CVS and it all works fine now. It is also more responsive, and uses less processor load.

I wouldn't usually install anything other than an official release - but this seemed to be the only way to solve the problem. I recommend this to anyone else who has this problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom