How to I get started with MP2? (1 Viewer)

Roger Mayhew

May 29, 2019
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have made several attempts to move from MP1 to MP2 but have failed miserably and gone back Kodi because it seemed to be simpler. Having eventually become sick of Kodi I thought I'd try again but have hit a brick wall with MP2. To try to get into MP2 i went back to MPI and set up a working arrangement which connected my desktop to a WIN10 NUC with MP TV3 to handle TV and with another connection to a router NAS which has my video collection.

I duly installed MP2 and have got as far as the Settings menu which stopped at "Server Media Sources" saying that "The home server is currently not connected......" and under "Client media sources" that "The home server is located at the same machine .....". The English expression is very good (if not 100 % colloquial), and I do feel sure that I understand what the words say, but i have no idea where the information came from and what it means, particularly because it doesn't seem to describe my current situation at all.

I would be grateful for any assistance - I really am sick of Kodi!!

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Roger,

To try to get into MP2 i went back to MPI
    I duly installed MP2
    Did you install MP2 with MP1's TV service still running? Please read MP2 and MP1 in parallel for further details

If you believe that MP1 was safely stopped and inactive when you installed MP2, then you first need to connect the client to the server. Under normalö conditions you should see a dialogue that a MP2 Server is present to which you may connect. If you didn't get this message chances are that you have a mix-up of both MP1 and MP2. IN that case I suggest that you start again:

Uninstall MP2 and deactivate a MP1 TVService (see above link for details). If you don't want to retain your MP1 setup, you can delete (or rename) the directory C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal. Then install MP2 again and start all over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom