How to identify tuner card used for recordings (1 Viewer)

philanyware

September 27, 2012
Wellington
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi,
I've recently been having problems with terrible recording quality both on MP1 and now on MP2 after rebuilding my HTPC. I'd like to start by identifying which tuner card was used for a particular recording (once a bad recording has appeared). I've switched on debug logging mode and been through the TSWriter log in the MediaPortal TV Server log folder but my non-expert eyes can't see any clues to which card is used for a recording.
Is there a way to identify which card was used after a recording is finished?
Thanks,
Phil

Log files attached
MP 2.1.1
Windows 10 Pro x64 on 120GB SSD
Intel Core i3 3.33Ghz, 12GB Ram
GEFORCE GTX 1060
Recording to 4TB HDD

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Phil,

been through the TSWriter log in the MediaPortal TV Server log folder but my non-expert eyes can't see any clues to which card is used for a recording.
    The information that you are looking for is part of the server log.

I've switched on debug logging mode
    How did you do that? The server log is still showing INFO as log level. Switching log levels in MP2 is different from MP1 and can be done from within the client app on the fly. Please see Bug reports and log files for instructions how to easily change log level in MP2.

Is there a way to identify which card was used after a recording is finished?
    I suggest that you
    1. Change log levels as described
    2. Restart the MP2 Server service (in order to start a fresh set of logs)
    3. Repeat the recording operation
    Then collect new logs and upload them here.

P.S.:
    Changed.

philanyware

September 27, 2012
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ah, thanks. Server.log was what I needed. Nice clear explanation of everything including channel being recorded and card # being used. Should be easy to find the cause of dodgy recordings now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom