How to ignore AppleDouble directories? (1 Viewer)

Caesium

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2011
    Solihull
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello,

Apologies if this has been covered, spent a good while searching but didn't find anything.

Is there a way to have the plugin completely ignore .AppleDouble directories? I often browse around the media library from my Macbook and Finder is creating them everywhere, resulting in double listings of most episodes.

Caesium

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2011
    Solihull
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Oh, I knew about that, but are DS_Store and AppleDouble the same thing? Guess I'll try it and see if they go away[DOUBLEPOST=1358729690][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, DSDontWriteNetworkStores was already true on my own Mac, but the gf's needed it setting so we'll see. I think .DS_Store and .AppleDouble are completely different entities though, so the original question still stands, can I have the plugin ignore them? Also crippling Finder's functionality is a bit of a poor workaround, what if I actually needed those attributes? :/

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Some other site mentioned they are the same.

And "Finder" is the one creating double files with the same name. Tell the "Finder" developers to quit using the exact same name then. If they had used "filename.mp4.finder" then MediaPortal and/or MP-TVSeries would not have discovered another copy. Right now the plugin is doing what you are telling it to do. You add a copy of the same file, so it imports it twice. If you did not mean to add another copy, then stop adding one :)

Apple provides a fix for this as per the link I already gave you.

If you absolutly insist that the Apple way is correct and that MP-TVSeries should ignore the duplicate files, then you will have to adjust the regular expression based parsing expression to ignore the ".AppleDouble" entries found, the same way "samples" are ignored.

Reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/az24scfc.aspx

I just can not help you on that as to me it validates the bad developing concepts used by Apple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom