How to implement an online/offline icon for movie in CoverFlow view? (1 Viewer)

n3w813

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I know that in List view, the color of the Title text of a movie can change depending on the online/offline status of the movie. But for CoverFlow, there isn't a way to tell unless you try to play the movie and MovingPictures will prompt a message stating the media is not available.

Is there a way I can implement an icon to indicate the online status of a movie in CoverFlow?

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
I am not really sure actually. The only code that conveys this information to the the GUI layer is when we apply the color settings as you suggested. I am not sure if this is available in a general skin file though. Maybe ltfearme would know though, I will ping him. If not we could maybe add a new skin property.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
Well I spoke with ltfearme and the information we are setting on list items that control text color is not available to general skin files. :( And even worse I am not sure what you are wanting to do is really possible. I think the best you could probably do is display the actual text (which would be color coded) in coverflow view but this is hardly ideal and not what you are looking for. You might want to talk to the MediaPortal team though, they may be open to some sort of enhancement like this for a future release.

n3w813

Portal Pro
October 7, 2008
Home Country
Thanks for the replies fforde, I'll try posting this in the MP1 request thread. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom