how to import from mp's recorded tv files? (1 Viewer)

iancalderban

Portal Pro
December 12, 2008
milton keynes
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

new to this plugin so I hope this isn't a RTFM (which I have done).

I have a tv series recorded using mediaportal tv recording. NOT downloaded from the internet or ripped from dvd.

I'd like to move it to a tv series manager (such as this) rather than have it hang around in recorded TV.

so it uses the mp tv recording naming convention for the .ts file "program name - channel - date" that we all know and love. the xml file of the same name contains the episode info.

When I try to import in the tv series plugin configuratino tool, the parser tool doesn't know what to do with it.
the tv series in question exists in the online tv database thats referenced in the wiki.

is this something that this plugin is designed to do? import from media portal recorded tv directory including xml info? or manual import my only option?

ta,
Ian

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm curious about this as well. The recording filenames don't show season/episode info, just date, channel name, show name. I was going to ask Big_Kev to add a feature to WebMPInterface to rename recorded TV based on TVRage information, but I'd like to hear what the MyTVSeries authors think about importing Mediaportal recordings into MyTVSeries.

iancalderban

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2008
    milton keynes
    Home Country
    I'm curious about this as well. The recording filenames don't show season/episode info, just date, channel name, show name. I was going to ask Big_Kev to add a feature to WebMPInterface to rename recorded TV based on TVRage information, but I'd like to hear what the MyTVSeries authors think about importing Mediaportal recordings into MyTVSeries.

the stuff i'm working with contains (e.g) the words 64/80 in the xml file, indicating episode 64 of 80.
    manual import seems to a totaly unusable (horribly slow) first time I just tried to use it.
    I've just experimented , adding S01E64 into the filename by hand (I happen to know its series 1). That works in the automatic parser, it finds the right series and episode (The series is in the filename based on the program name already).

so all that would be needed in this case would be a file renaming script that could read the xml files. unfortunately I'm no coder so this is beyond me.

Ian

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Been a while since I tired this and I am not near MP at the moment, but I think you can re-configure the naming in TVserver to write a file name which TVseries can understand by changing the params. The trouble is, especially in the UK, is that series / episode information is not always published (depending where you get the source from, think i tried from the dvb-t stream).

iancalderban

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2008
    milton keynes
    Home Country
    Been a while since I tired this and I am not near MP at the moment, but I think you can re-configure the naming in TVserver to write a file name which TVseries can understand by changing the params. The trouble is, especially in the UK, is that series / episode information is not always published (depending where you get the source from, think i tried from the dvb-t stream).

thanks.

I have a number of recorded programs where the xml info file contains "N/M" where N is the episode number and M is the total number of episodes in the series. some are actually on a satellite channel (BBCHD) so I am using djblu's freesat epg decoding tswriter to get that information others are on the various DVB-T channels so its coming off dvb-t epg. (I don't use webepg or similar). Never seen a series value though. So I guess some option to add that by hand ( set series value the same for a group of files?) on import would be useful?

ta
    Ian

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm curious about this too, and this is what I'm trying;

1. In the TV server config, I changed the recording path to be the same path as the My TV Series import path.
    2. In MP Recording config I changed the recording name to better match the "scene" naming convention for downloaded episodes. I've had good luck with shows I've downloaded so I figured this should work. Example:
    %title%\%title%[.S%series%E%episode%].%channel%.%date%.%start%

This should put the files in seperate folders per series and if the data exists, puts in the series and episode numbers too. I added the channel and data/time at the end for my reference.

I'll record something tonight and see if this works! Thanks for the ideas.

-akajester

akajester

Portal Pro
    October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    apparently even though the show is a series, when recording it doesn't know the season and episode number, so it filled in some bogus stuff and then the My TV Series couldn't figure it out. If anyone has a solution to this I'd love to hear it. Otherwise I'm going to stop recording and resort to rss feeds to grab the files via torrent. I'd much rather have this automated than have to touch every file by hand and run the importer.

Thanks!

-akajester

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom