How to import the show "20/20"? (1 Viewer)

scoot13

Portal Member
January 16, 2012
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
The show "20/20" has never imported itself correctly into my DB but in the past, I was able to search for "20" and find it as an option. For a couple of months now, when I type "20" in the search bar in MP-TV Series Config, it brings up a ton of shows from the year 2020. I get the same result if I search for "20/20" or "2020".

Is there a search string that would find this show correctly? Thanks in advance for any advice.

scoot13

Portal Member
January 16, 2012
United States of America United States of America
Country flag
Thank you. "20/20" and "20/20 Downtown" did not work for me but "20 20" is the ticket! I didn't think to leave a space!

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Country flag
    Side effect of weird characters in URLs. As you could see the "space" got converted to %20 in the URL, but the / would have been used as-is and then freaks the system out as if you were trying to go to sub-folder or it gets filtered out.

Forward-slash is %2F, but TheTVdB has no support for this and removes the character, turning "20/20" into "2020" as per: https://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=20/20

Space to the rescue :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads
    OP Title Forum Replies Date
    P Recordings not showing up unless re-imported and not possible to delete General 0
    C Imported media doesn't show up immediately? General 1
    K MP2 - V2.3.2 media import General 8
    raffe [solved] [Solved] How to import TV series Videos Not in any online source? General 8
    B Importing recordings and schedules from TVmosaic General 4
    D some songs on y albums don't import General 1
    M Importer splitting Season XXX into two parts. General 0
    J movie Importer isn't as good at MP1 Moving Pictures General 4
    R Deadlock in TV Server if recording while importing EPG TV-Server 10
    W MP2 - V2.3 MP2 2.3 Import von Audioquellen / Datenbankprobleme Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 26
    D [solved] Movie library import stuck on 23% General 2
    cbr954rr Clickfinder epg import wrong channels? General 0
    L TV-Series unvollständiger Import Plugins & Erweiterungen 5
    toricred Using TMM, How to Stop Importer From Going to The Movie Database for Data General 1
    Lichloathe MP2 importing keyart instead of poster General 0
    C Importer works super slow My TVSeries 6
    X Recording import hängt Allgemeines Support- und Diskussionsforum 0
    J [fixed] Import issue with alternate movie title matching the name of another movie Submit: Bug Reports 7
    B xmltv - cannot import tvguide.xml australia Installation, configuration support 0
    B [solved] tvguide.xml not importing australian channels Electronic Program Guide 10
    J [fixed] Importer confused on specific movies with the same title, different years and different NFO's Submit: Bug Reports 3
    azzuro [fixed] [WIP MP2.3] - Audio files not imported to MP MediaPortal 2 18
    thepahakurki TVDB import not working My TVSeries 3
    T I cannot get a basic media import-what is the best configuration? General 10
    L TV-Series kein Import Plugins & Erweiterungen 6