How To Install a MPE1 Plugin File in MediaPortal2 (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Normally MP2 is supporting all types of so called ".nfo files". But as we've implemented this, we did not have any MediaCenterMaster user involved in development. We would need to have a few examples of the files (metadata and fanart) that MCM is generating. Most likely we can add those files to be supported without any further action by the user. Today those files most likely are used "generic" only, means only the ID (IMDB-ID) is grabbed from every text file that is available in the movie folder.
    Manual edit of the media items is possible with a tool I've written. It's called "MP2-Edit" (Link in my signature) but it is a "hack". Right now we are working on a "nice and clean" solution. With this you will be able to edit the ML with any modern browser on any PC in your network neighborhood. And I also will port MP2-Edit to this new solution. But this may take some month until this is ready to use.

BluRay in general is an issue to every Open Source project due to DRM. For those copy protection systems no Open Source project ever will become a licence (aside that the licence is very expensive too). So you need to use 3rd party software that may be illegal in lots of countries (e.g. Germany, where our server is housed every single software of this type is illegal) to bypass the DRM. Without those tools you only can play disks without copy protection (self made BluRay only as every commercial BD is copy protected) in MediaPortal or any other OpenSource software. The BluRay (or DVD or CD) playback you will find in "Browse Media".

MartyWakat

Portal Member
    January 16, 2016
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thank you Lehmden,

I will attach a copy of a single movie folder containing all the metadata generate by the program including poster and included art. I'll try and post this tomorrow when I get to my computer (on iPad now).

So just for clarification about the blu ray, I won't be able to play physical blu ray or dvd movies that are inserted into the optical drive on the PC running Mediaportal? I will always need to open a 3rd party software to play my discs?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will always need to open a 3rd party software to play my discs?
    Not necessarily. There are tools out there that are working in the background and do the decryption so for "normal" programs the BD "looks like not being encrypted". Then you can use MP for playback of BluRay. But as told, this tools are not legal in many countries (did not know if they were in yours), I don't want to give you more precise hints. You can find out more by searching the internet easily...

MartyWakat

Portal Member
    January 16, 2016
    Home Country
    I got MP2 Edit installed but not positive it is working correctly on my windows 10 system. I have stopped the Mediaportal 2 service and then run MP2Edit as admin. The problems seems to be that it is not letting me change all fields on all records. As an example, I am trying to go through and clean up alot of the genres assigned to the movies and on some records it will let me save the changes.....and on other records when I click the SAVE button the genre field will go back to what it was before I edited it. Same happens when editing the descriptions. On some records it will change fine and on others it will simply change back after I have typed in my changes. If the problems are related specifically to winodws 10, is it possible to copy the necessary MP2 database files over to another machine and install MP2Edit on that machine and edit the database and then copy the files back over to my main MP2 server? I have one more question that has to do with functionality. I'm not sure why, by quite a few of my TV series episodes show up in the database of movies. How would I go about cleaning these from the movie database? Scrolling through movies in a genres and then having to scroll through like 50 episodes of Modern Family while browsing the Ms is kinda frustrating.

Thanks for all your help so far.[DOUBLEPOST=1453601807][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, how do you tell what TheMovieDB ID is for a movie? I generally use IMDB.COM for metadata and the movie id is listed in the address bar so easy to tell. With TheMovieDB I can't tell what the movies ID is. It does not appear in the address bar anywhere nor do I see anywhere on the actual movie detail screen where it shows TheMovieDB ID. I am trying to update MovieSet information and trying to add a movie and it wants TheMovieDB id and I can't figure out how to tell what that is.

Last edited:

MartyWakat

Portal Member
    January 16, 2016
    Home Country
    Update.....

Is there a way to have MediaPortal rebuild the database? It appears that using MP2Edit to try and cleanup a bunch of my movie Genres has kinda messed up the database. Inside MediaPortal, if I try and browse movies and go to Comedy it now just shows no movies and a message that says "This View Cannot Be Built". Quite a few of my other genres show the same message now and I am unable to browse the movies in that genre.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I generally use IMDB.COM for metadata and the movie id is listed in the address bar so easy to tell.
    As IMDB is commercial and it also has no foreign language metadata and no fanart it is no good source for general HTPC usage. That's why all metadata used inside MP2 is grabbed from TMDB, that is open, has fanart and has metadata in many languages... The TMDB- ID also is listed in the address bar. As example:
    https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/19995-avatar
    Here 19995 is the ID for the movie "Avatar". Same is for moviesets or series... But the IMDB-ID also can be used to identify a movie on TMDB, at least from inside MP2 (or any other tool using their API). Only if you enter the tt number in the search field on the website this is not working...

working correctly on my windows 10 system
    That is possible as it is written in AutoIt. AutoIt is a programming language and this is up to now not guaranteed to work 100% correct on Windows 10... So any tools written in AutoIt can not be guaranteed to work 100% on Win10. In General all is working as expected, but on very few systems there probably are issues. Aside this, MP2-Edit is no "official" tool as it is using "illegal" methods to manipulate the media library. MP2-Edit is what some would call a "bad hack". The "official" way is still under heavy development right now. Until MP2-Edit is ported to the official methods (I'm working on that right now) it is meant as an additional option to make few corrections. You can not remove or add media items and you also can not edit all database fields...

is it possible to copy the necessary MP2 database files over to another machine and install MP2Edit on that machine and edit the database and then copy the files back over to my main MP2 server?
    It is possible, but you need to install MP2-Server on this machine too as MP2-Edit needs some parts of the MP2-Server to work. MP2-Server must not run, not even be configured at all, but it must be installed...

I'm not sure why, by quite a few of my TV series episodes show up in the database of movies
    I'm also not sure how this can happen. But you can get rid of this if you strictly separate movies and series, means do not add media sources that contains both, movies and series to MP2...

I have written MP2 Edit on a time as no support for .nfo files were available and the identification from Matroska Tags only was working for movies, not for series. Since this has changed some time ago I did not need MP2-Edit that often as I always have a 100% perfect match with my way of preparing my media collection. Not a single failure on 20.000++ series episodes, 2000 movies and 150.000 music files... I only use it for automated backup of my database and for save and restore the "watched flags". And sometimes I replace some fanart if I don't like the available fanart any longer...

Is there a way to have MediaPortal rebuild the database?
    If you did not have a recent backup of the database file( s ) you only can delete the database and start from scratch. As you have some strange issues like series appearing in movies maybe it is not that bad idea to start over again. But before you do so, have a close look at your ML and recognize what movies/series are not identified properly. You may have a look at the naming of those files and probably try to add (correct) .nfo files or add matroska metatags (if they are mkv) to them..

EW Thomas

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2016
    Southwestern Virginia
    Home Country
    Please be aware that the plugin version might not be compatible. I had to recompile the plugin few weeks before and posted it inside a thread here. Forum search might show it up quickly.[/QUO

Could you direct me to the latest and hopefully compatible Schedules Direct Plug In ? It seems the version above is indeed not compatible with MP2. It causes a flashing screen when entering the TV Guide page. I have re booted and seems things are very busy so maybe , just maybe it's downloading data :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom