How to install a patch??? (1 Viewer)

mvanbunnik

April 17, 2005
Hi there,

Ive been lokin' everywhere for this answer but can't find it.
I recently donwloaded a patch for Mediaportal from the "sourceforge.net" site but I don't know how to install this patch!!! :?:

The patch contains files to "select soundcard for music playback"

The filenames are:

Action.cs.patch
audioplayerVMR.cs.patch
g_player.cs.patch
IPlayer.cs.patch
MCE2005Remote.cs.patch
Mediaportal.cs.patch
music soundcard.patch

I am using the 0.2.0.0 RC2 version of Mediaportal

Thanks!

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
The patches are for the MediaPortal source code, which you must download, apply patch and then compile yourself if you want to use the patch. The better way, if this is too complicated for you, is to get a CVS update.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Country flag
    Hi,

IF the patch actually made it into the CVS, of course. Which it - AFAIK - didn't. And, the patch files are dated from around end 2004 or so, so I doubt they'll apply cleanly to the current MP code.

AFAIK Music is played back by the default audio device you've configured in Windows. You can change the default audio device for Windows in Control Panel --> Sounds & Audio devices --> Audio tab.

EDIT: You can download CVS snapshots from here but AFAIK they won't contain the patch you mentioned earlier.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention, apparently my music database had a problem. So I deleted (rename) and recreated the database, as I have a lot of tracks in my collection (+/- 90000 songs) I hate do do this because it's very longer but...
    Hello to all, as requested by doskabouter I created the log and before posting it, I went through and one line caught my attention...
    Hello to all I have been using MP for many years and my system had become +/- unstable, it was time to refresh it. So I...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
    Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
    It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
    Replies
    Views
    I have been using a centrally configured MediaPortal system for several years and locks on VideoDatabaseV5.db3 and FolderDatabase3.db3 would be released when I select Shutdown just as they would when Exit MediaPortal is selected. All of a sudden, and I have no idea why, the locks on the client databases are not being released when...
    I have been using a centrally configured MediaPortal system for several years and locks on VideoDatabaseV5.db3 and...
    I have been using a centrally configured MediaPortal system for several years and locks on VideoDatabaseV5.db3 and...
    Replies
    Views
    There was no change obviously related to it, but maybe something as the fixed user management or similar made it.
    There was no change obviously related to it, but maybe something as the fixed user management or similar made it.
    Before you create this bug report: Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the...
    Replies
    Views
    It is possible IMDb+ did not update as sometimes Moving-Pictures goes crazy on the script-table. In those rare cases when you have issues, first check the IMDb+ plugin, and look at the info page to see what current version of the IMDb+ Scraper-Script is installed, and make sure it lines up to the current published version at GitHub...
    It is possible IMDb+ did not update as sometimes Moving-Pictures goes crazy on the script-table. In those rare cases when you have...
    I've recently tried the upgrade of Mediaportal to 1.25 and come across a strange occurance. All my movie DVD covers and backdrops...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom