How to install Cine CT V6 & DuoFlex CT (DVB-C) (1 Viewer)

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hello All,

As i took the plunge and bought this card (and ci module).. I faced some things to do before it worked 100%.
    This manual is for:
    Digital cable provider - Ziggo Netherlands (others in the Netherlands should work also, except UPC)

Thought i make a manual and help somebody out facing the same challenge since digital devices manuals are not specific for the netherlands and dutch cable providers.
    Maybe this manual will even make you get one :)

This info should provide you with enough to get everything going and run 4 channels at the same time with no stuttering whatsoever, its really a great stable product, and a breeze compared to my old floppy dtv cards, worth every penny.

Also nice feature: it only needs 1 smartcard! , but there is something you need to configure otherwise it can only use 3 tuners, see CAM settings change.
    4channels.PNG

hardware used:
    Alphacrypt CAM Classic (minimum firmware 3.16 and up)
    191203 Cine CT V6 & DuoFlex CT (SET) - 4 Tuner DVB-C/T for PCIe
    092003 DD CI Expansion modul - Common Interface Expansion-modul
    no need for splitters to connect cable provider, just connect one, and use a short male/female, to loop through the second tuner, the second tuner also has a "cable out" if you need to patch it thought to somewhere else (why ? :D )

Installing the hardware was easy, as I had room for 4 floppy dtv cards on firewire , you can imagine , i have some room to spare now in my case, fitting the pcie card was easy, the CI module came in a separate box, but was easily connected with the flatcable. The only problem i have is that the flatcable is only 25 cm , so cant reach the front of my case where I had build in 2 of my old floppycards in a 5'25 caddy.. The card is intended to be fitted next to other pcie cards on the back so dont blame them. (it doesnt need a pcieslot though)

Next up: insert Alphacrypt cam Classic in your cam module and smartcard in the cam.

Power up machine.

Install drivers supplied by Digital-devices.de from this link
    Drivers are on the bottom, select x32 or x64 (I run it on Windows2008R2 , see signature)
    http://shop.digital-devices.de/epag...ps/62357162/Categories/Downloads/TV_Karten_DD
    just (default) install all the choices, (warning german setup :) , it will be in English after the installer. )

When done, find the iconless DVBCineConfig program located in folder Digital Devices on your startmenu.
    Run it.
    setup1.PNG

Configure CT Tuner (next)
    setup2.PNG

Select as shown in the picture and click next (it probably wants a reboot).

Start DVBCineConfig again.
    setup1.PNG

Click Next on Common Interface Module

Should look like this:
    setup3.PNG

Click on Alphacrypt
    setup4.PNG

pay attention, you need to first select "moduleoptions" and then click OK
    setup5.PNG

Select Expertmenu and click OK
    setup6.PNG

Select - Go to expert menu and click OK.
    setup7.PNG

Make it look like this , and everything will be fine, (CA registration on STATIC is the important part,so you can use 4 tuners instead of only 3 , tuner 4 will see all channels as encrypted if you leave it on "dynamic"!)

next
    setup8.PNG

Select Parental Control and click OK

setup9.PNG

When asked for a pin and you dont know it , just enter 0000 and click OK.
    Setup10.PNG

Make it look like above, and select quit a few times followed with the OK button.

Enable all 4 tuners, then go into MP configuration again.
    Now you can edit every tuner.
    Make every tuner look like this:
    MP1.PNG

(note even though the cam limit is 1 , if 2 people tune into the same channel it will still use only 1 tuner!)

If you done it correctly it should look like this:
    mp2.PNG

now you can scan for channels , or when you upgraded from a different card, you can map all channels to the new tuners, and go watch some TV.

If you have any questions feel free to ask..

Last edited:

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, do you know if there is a way to disable the "one cable for all tuners" feature?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Possibly just plug in multiple inputs. These configurations often work by auto-sensing signal input, so they'll take signal from the inputs that are plugged in.

Just a guess. :)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thank you, that's what I was afraid of, want to do some testing on a tuner-by-tuner basis, but that won't work then.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Could you disable the tuners that you're not using? Of course this may not prevent the signal from being divided... but I'm not sure whether that is important because you didn't mention exactly what you are trying to test.

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Well, I'm basically running into problem as I try to expand the amount of tuners.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, do you know if there is a way to disable the "one cable for all tuners" feature?

not on the new tuners, tuner 1 and 2 is male female coax connection , as is 3 and 4
    but if needed you could ask digital devices to sell you one with 4 times coax in as they made them before ?
    they respond quickly to email in my case..

good luck with it

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks, gonna do a full reinstall when beta arrives so will have to see then

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom