How to install Hauppauge IRBlaster? (1 Viewer)

Henry_Castle

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
To be honest, I have already read several times all the search in this forum and no success...I am missing!! I know MP includes a IRBlaster plugin for hauppauge.
I have Hauppauge PVR 150 (not MCE) that comes with IR Blaster...my idea is to control my STB with MP and get advantage of EPG service.
Somebody could give me some specific guide to install it.
Moreover, how does it work? My remote controls MP bt how to differentiate when I order to switch channel to my STB?
Thank you in advance!!!!
Henry_Castle

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Henry_Castle,

I am using IRBlaster and its working. I am not able to receive EPG through the box (I think this you only can do with an inbuild PCI card).

See here how I installed IRBlaster:

1. switch on the "HCW IR Blaster" Plugin in MP Setup
2. Configure your remote control to work with the settop box using the IR Blaster Configuration Utility that came with your WinTV 150 (that step is independant from Mediaportal)
3. Add channels in Mediaportals channel setup:
3.1. Add channel and give it a name
3.2. Go to Tab "External", check "received by external settop box"
3.3. enter your input (CVBS#1 or SHVS [Attention: the names here do not work correctly, at lest for me, so try it out])
3.4. enter the Channel number for the box

that's it! (for sure you first have to install the Hardware like indicated in the doc of your WinTV150)

How it works? MP does everything for you. When you select channel 'abc' in MP which comes from the box and in there is channel 44 then MP sends a signal to the external box to switch to channel 44.

Tell me if you don't understand or if you have a specific problem.

thanks+regards
WeWe

Henry_Castle

Portal Member
February 23, 2005
Thanks Wewe,
I assumed all about you said but unfortunately my STB is a M-Vision and IRBlaster software doesn't include this trademark of receiver. So I have to wait for un upgrade of hauppauge. Or perhaps I will look up for a third-party software.
Thanks,
Henry_Castle

Spif

Portal Member
January 10, 2006
Falun
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
There is a good chance your set-top box uses codes that some other box uses. I would try different settings for cable, sattelite and region and then do a search for each setting to find the right codepage. That is how I found the working codes to my set-top box.

wewe

Portal Pro
August 3, 2005
Herxheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
same for me ... there is a 'test all'. You just need to wait until your STB reacts ...

thanks+regards
WeWe

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom