How to install MediaPortal 1.2.3 - on Win7Ultimate 64bit (MP wants an wmp11) (1 Viewer)

apfel1

Portal Member
July 5, 2007
hi,
i am installing MP1.2.3 on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

But i got a Problem, because the installer wants me to install "wmp11" (windows media player 11), although i already have a windows 7 included "Windows Media Player 12"!!??? What should i do? I cant continue the installation.

Also my .Net Framework 4 Client Profile is installed automatically in Win7, or do i have to install another version to?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi apfel1

WMP is only needed for the BDA and DirectShow system updates. Are you able to provide a screenshot showing the problem?

mm

apfel1

Portal Member
    July 5, 2007
    ...no sorry, now i have downloaded WindowsMediaPlayer12 and i gave MP the path to the manual download, then it worked.

But way do i have to install WMP11 although WMP12 is already installed???????

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Without logs and screenshots we can't really help.

I can say that when I do a clean install of W7 SP1, apply all windows updates, and then install 1.2.3, then It shows me WMP as allready installed and does not take any further action.

Do you use some sort of "silm" / custom Window7 setup where you removed components?

apfel1

Portal Member
    July 5, 2007
    I use a standard Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Version, and it was a new (and full) installation. I also made all Windows Upadates before the installation.
    Unfortunately i made no screenshots!

best regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom