How to launch Stereoscopic Player for 3D MKV (1 Viewer)

Ronald Robertson

Portal Member
February 4, 2018
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have Stereoscopic player all dialed in with command line switches to play 3D content perfectly. Is there a way to tell MP to use external player just for 3D but internal player otherwise? Possible options as I see them are:
* Set MP to use external player by filename filter (i.e. all movies start with 3D or something like "3d_moviename.mkv"
* Set MP to use external player for any movies played from a specific folder where my 3D movies would reside
* Perhaps the My Films plugin with a specific user profile (not sure how to use My Films)

Any advice or redirection to a similar thread is greatly appreciated.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi and Welcome
    Are you aware that you can play 3D .mkv/mvc (Frame Packed) and 3DBD .iso's in 3D with the internal player in conjunction with Madvr and an additional file for the Lav Filters and the current MP 1 release (1.18), it works really well.

Ronald Robertson

Portal Member
    February 4, 2018
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I figured out a way to do it using a custom EXE as an external player for a made up extension. Then the code in my EXE takes that file, points it to the MKV equivalent file and plays it through Stereoscopic Viewer. I wonder if your way is even easier. I've heard of Madvr what can't remember in what context. Is that a MP plugin ?

Thanks

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Madvr is a freeware very high quality video renderer which can be used in the last couple of versions of MP 1 as an alternative to the internal (EVR) renderer, it's been arround for ages and can also be used in other video players such as MPC-**. It can provide brilliant picture quality and is very customizable but needs a good GPU for the higher settings, so it is not just for 3D. Once downloaded from here and installed (must use "Run as administrator") it can be selected in the MP Config. see here. You will then need to extract and add libmfxsw32_LAV_3D.zip to the Lav Filters Folder. Also there is further info in the ongoing MP/Madvr developement thread. Madvr settings for refresh rates and 3D will need to be made but then you should be ready to go. Sorry if that sounds complicated we need a Wikki (me?) but once done it just works (for me anyway), it's free and since it uses the MP internal player there are no issues with the remote control etc.
    If you decide to give it a try don't hesitate to come back here again if you run into difficulties and there is a bunch of info. if you Google Madvr Settings.:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom