How to load backdrops from local data source (1 Viewer)

mitiok2008

Portal Pro
February 1, 2009
I am not sure what you mean by wanting to see the source. Data is pulled from themoviedb.org (TMDb) | The open movie database if that is what you mean. As for the scraper script writing guide, it is here.
Thank for wiki. I lost it.

I mean is it possible to see .xml scipt for backdrop loading ... just read the wiki for Scraper... seems to me it's not possible so far to implement backdrop loading scraper.

I've asked LRFalk01 to make scraper for Russian movie resource kinopoisk.ru. It's done, almost perfect (need some polishing)! Thank to him.

And there are good posibility to pull backdrops from kinopoisk.ru (I describe it here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/382008-post38.html), especially for Russian movies which are not presented in themoviedb.org. I checked scraper for kinoposik.ru, the part for loading cover_art is really easy and I think that I would do something similar for backdrops by myself, to let LRFalk01 do something more important. But seems to me - no way :(.

if you meant the source of the code for the plugin:
TheMovieDbProvider.cs - moving-pictures - Google Code
It's C# code though, so not a scraper script!
I see. That one is really hard to menage for me... If anyone ready, I could provide information how to get backdrops from kinoposk.ru. btw, it's working with Original Titles (English or whatever) and can provide more then one backdrop per movie.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yeah the bacldrop provider for themoviedb.org is not a script, it is actually a part of the Moving Pictures plug-in itself. Furthermore, it is not currently possible to write a backdrop scraper script. Because there are so few sights that provide backdrops, this has just been lower on the priority list. We will be sure to get it into 0.8 though. If you star the issue over on Google Code you will receive email updates as progress is made for this change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom