[solved] How to manually add a channel (1 Viewer)

aalemann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Hi,

since the channel scan cannot find a few channels (which can be found and tuned in using the software "WinTV", so the TV card is working properly), I wanted to manually add them. It is a DVB-S channel and I opened the TV-Server configuration, TV Channels and clicked on Add in the box Channels. As an example, I try to tune into the channel ProSieben, data is taken from this webpage (configuration shown in the attachment). For some reason, however, the channel seems not to be assigned to my TV-Card, it literally says "Channel not mapped to a card" (also shown in the attachment).

How do I solve/repair this mapping/assignment issue?

Attachments

• MP_prosieben1.png
      MP_prosieben1.png
      15.1 KB
    • MP_prosieben2.png
      MP_prosieben2.png
      76.4 KB

aalemann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    Well, that was easy, thanks a lot :)

(unfortunately, this did not solve the initial problem, for some reason MediaPortal cannot tune into a few channels which work using a different live-TV program, but I'll try to elaborate a bit further and then post in a different thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

From "TvServer_SetupTv.2.log", it looks as though you imported channel definitions into MP 1.29 (257 channels, 2 channel groups). Presumably you had previously exported these definitions from MP 1.15. Although this ought to work, I am not sure that it will work when there is such a large difference in the MP versions (there may have...
    From "TvServer_SetupTv.2.log", it looks as though you imported channel definitions into MP 1.29 (257 channels, 2 channel groups)...
    After many years of successful usage of MediaPortal, we were forced to upgrade the htpc (it's now more than 10 years old). I needed...
    Replies
    Views
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system hdd and decided it was time for a clean install anyway. Other hardware (C2D, 8 Gb ram, no tv cards - IP only) unchanged. Was running an earlier Win10 version with MP 1.24 which had been updated for years...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Having used MP1 since 15 years, these epg related problems occuring after a fresh install stumble me. Needed to change a system...
    Replies
    Views
    In lieu of a likely modification to TV Setup module, I have devised my own workaround, using SQL. Here is a quick resume. Should be safe but make sure you have a backup before you try this! Simple scenario to demonstrate. 2 cards both on A/B diseqc switches. In each case A connects to LNB pointed at Satelite 1, and B to Sat 2...
    In lieu of a likely modification to TV Setup module, I have devised my own workaround, using SQL. Here is a quick resume. Should be...
    Started on: 2020-08-25 last update: 2020-08-25 Summary: Add the ability to sort or restrict channels by group in mapping dialog...
    Replies
    Views
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my office machine MP client. Same exact network, firewall, Defender settings. It's a slightly older version of Win 10 though - I haven't updated to 20Hx on it yet. Maybe I shouldn't (or maybe I should image it...
    P.S. - Strangely, the TV Server my single seat setup (1.27 on a modest machine running Windows 10 Pro x64) is working from my...
    Let me start by asking if anyone has TV Server running PROPERLY on a Windows 10 machine, and if so are you using RTSP or UNC share...
    Replies
    Views
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had firewall issues with MP2, the client could not see the server unless I turned the firewall off on the server, all rules seemed present and correct, so I eventually uninstalled MP2 as I needed a working...
    Just to wrap this up I did eventually get MP2 installed, the above mentioned error was resolved once I uninstalled MP1. I then had...
    I'm not quite sure what I've done, but somehow I seem to have broken our Mediaportal installation. I'm running it as a TV server...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom