How to manually start and stop TvServer? (1 Viewer)

brcarls

June 27, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
How do I setup the the MediaPortal TvServer to be manually stopped or started? How to I keep it from starting automatically when Windows boots?

Is there a system tray widget I can turn on to see it's current status?

(I'm transitioning from BeyondTV to MediaPortal, but don't have all of my season passes setup in MediaPortal and am still playing with scheduling option to try to duplicate BeyondTV's "Record New Episodes" functionality. I want to continue using BeyondTV without MediaPortal trying to grab the tuners until I have all of my recording schedules migrated over.)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I never looked for or used a tool to show if TV Server is running, I just use TaskManager

you can manually stop/start TV Service using the TV Server Config > ManualControl, see the following in wiki
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ion/TV-Server_Configuration/11_Manual_Control

looks like tvserver starts as a windows "service". In vista this is in Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Administrative Tools.

you could disable this at startup, but I've never tried that and don't know if there are side effects. If the TV Server is not running MePo will not be able to record any shows.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi brcarls

How do I setup the the MediaPortal TvServer to be manually stopped or started? How to I keep it from starting automatically when Windows boots?
    As RonD said, you can manage the "TVService" service in Windows service administrative tools... however...

(I'm transitioning from BeyondTV to MediaPortal, but don't have all of my season passes setup in MediaPortal and am still playing with scheduling option to try to duplicate BeyondTV's "Record New Episodes" functionality. I want to continue using BeyondTV without MediaPortal trying to grab the tuners until I have all of my recording schedules migrated over.)
    ...MediaPortal shouldn't grab and hold tuners unless you set the "when card enters idle state..." option to "pause card" as described in the wiki:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

We do try to play nicely with other software! ;)
    mm

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom