How to map "Switch between GUI and fullscreen TV/video" to remote? (1 Viewer)

burken

Portal Member
May 13, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
There is an action/shortcut in MediaPortal called "Switch between GUI and fullscreen TV/video" that is mapped to the "X" key by default. How can I map this action to my MCE Remote?

I have tried a lot of combinations in the MCE Remote mapping setup but so far the only thing I have managed to do is to map "Show GUI" to a button. The reverse action "Show fullscreen" doesn't work. Is it possible to map the "Switch between GUI and fullscreen TV/video" action to a remote button and if so how it is done?

burken

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is one of those functions that linked to the coloured teletext buttons, ie red by default, I take it you have the US version without any coloured buttons.

Something like IRServersuite might be better at this, as you cannot select the "Show GUI" with any other button under the remote config section of MP.

burken

Portal Member
    May 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is one of those functions that linked to the coloured teletext buttons, ie red by default, I take it you have the US version without any coloured buttons.

Something like IRServersuite might be better at this, as you cannot select the "Show GUI" with any other button under the remote config section of MP.
    Thank you for your answer.
    Actually I have coloured teletext buttons on my remote but I remapped the red button when I got the remote. I just did a reset of the mappings and the red button works as intended. Thanks a lot!

I can also map the Show GUI action to the green button as I originally intended to do.

When I tried this yesteraday I didn't realize that "Show GUI" action toggles between GUI/Fullscreen. I guess a better name would have been "Toggle GUI". Instead of just trying "Show GUI" I tried a lot of combinations with conditions like "No fullscreen" -> Show Fullscreen and that didn't work.

Anyway, it works now I am happy.
    :D

burken

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom