How to move to next video in fullscreen mode with remote !!! (1 Viewer)

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
July 15, 2005
NorthPole
Just have some videos i want to scroll though without having to select them all the time.

Iam looking at the keys in MP setup now to figure out if it can be done or not.

Would like to keep it in fullscreen mode and just scroll backwards or forwards manualy down the lis tof movies.

Can i do this with MP ?

Hope so would be a great feature. Can do this with a media Player called Irfranview. But its not controled via remote :(

Thanks.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

you have to add the movies to your queue / playback list with "Y" or via contextmenu ( F9).
    Change to playback list, start a movie and you can skip through them with F7 / F8.

HTH, Flip.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    Re: How to move to next video in fullscreen mode with remote

Paul Mathews said:
    Just have some videos i want to scroll though without having to select them all the time.

Iam looking at the keys in MP setup now to figure out if it can be done or not.

Would like to keep it in fullscreen mode and just scroll backwards or forwards manualy down the lis tof movies.

Can i do this with MP ?

Hope so would be a great feature. Can do this with a media Player called Irfranview. But its not controled via remote :(

Thanks.

Ive notcied my f7 and f8 keys do nothing in Full screen mode. Maybe someone nice in the next build can add this feature to fullscreen video :)

In fullscreen TV it does what i want it to do for Fullscreen Video. So its not likeit would be hard to do. Or am i missing somthing ?

Thanks.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    Or i could do it that way. Sorry posted before i saw the reply :)

I think my way would be easier though. Its like a feature that was just missed. Just plain common sense to have it.If you can do the same with the TV fullscreen why not video fullscreen :)

Ill try it your way for now. Thanks for the quick response.

Bye bye.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    Paul Mathews said:
    Or i could do it that way. Sorry posted before i saw the reply :)

I think my way would be easier though. Its like a feature that was just missed. Just plain common sense to have it.If you can do the same with the TV fullscreen why not video fullscreen :)

Ill try it your way for now. Thanks for the quick response.

Bye bye.

Also my remote is running short on Buttons. So the less new buttons i have to use the better.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    Problem.

I made a playlist and saved it with a name. But how do i play and select the playlist i just made. I made two for two different Folders. I asume i can do this for folders and the files would be played inside those folders ?

Bu i never saw the named playlist anywhere to select and play ??

What am i missing. Also for some reason it wont le tme type properly on the keyboard some keys just wont work. So i have to use the remote to type some letters ?

Confused. Much easier my way :)

Thanks.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    I mean it works. I can do as you said but i dont see a way to play more than one play list at a time if i just want to view one folder at a time. And select them at will.

I have to clear and make another one for the folder i just want to view.

I suppose it works atleast.

Thanks.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    seems i should not even have bothered. MP handels filkes it can't play by crashing. Any other decent player just sAYS codec not supported can play move on to thenext one.

Not MP it just DIES. Iam not going though my media library just to find the videos it cant handle. maybe the next build will fix this. A simple message like can't play and moves onto the next file would be good :)

The things all the files it so called can't play play just fine in m y media players !!!!

Damn Beta programs :p

Bye.

Paul Mathews

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2005
    NorthPole
    Love the way it crashes to. Just a flicker of a diologe box and a black screen. No way to see the screen again. No Control-Alt_delte works. or alt Tab.

Only thing that works to get our of it is a cold reboot.

IAM Soooo thinking of getting MCE and install that instead. Atleast they have experts working on that.

Nightmare77

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Paul ,
    Maybe you should go off and try MCE, and see for youself , just out of curiousity, does the files you are wanting to play , play in windows media player, cause if they don't you are missing codecs and if the dont' play in Media Portal you probably are using a innapropriate codec, should try nvidia puredecoder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom