How to nonlinear Stretch 16:9 with sidebars? (1 Viewer)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

yesterday I tried to configure 4:3 picture within a 16:9 HD content with sidebars.

My Idea was to set profile "16:9 with Sidebars"

- zoom left & right of 12 and
    - set "Nonlinear Stretch"

I expected that IFC would crops the left/right black bars and nonlinear stretches the remaining picture.

Left/right bars were detected (tested it with snapshots), but no nonlinear stretch :(

Is it possible to get a get the expected result?

What did I wrong?

THANKS!

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Bub,

if you set a zoom for left and right then IFC try to zoom additionally to the already cropped picture.
    For your situation I would set zoom to zero and let the black bar scanner do the job.

I'm planning to decoupling more the black bar scanner from the advanced view mode to add more flexibility.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    if you set a zoom for left and right then IFC try to zoom additionally to the already cropped picture.

But this would mean also loosing top/bottom part's of the picture, or?

For your situation I would set zoom to zero and let the black bar scanner do the job.

This gives "only" normal Stretch, or?

The black bar scanner had to recognize, that the remainig picture size is a 4:3 and apply the rule for this...

It was the first time I recognized a 4:3 within 16:9 and the "problem". So it's more of a nice-to-have thing ... Very nice Plugin anyway!

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

But this would mean also loosing top/bottom part's of the picture, or?

This gives "only" normal Stretch, or?

The black bar scanner had to recognize, that the remainig picture size is a 4:3 and apply the rule for this...

It was the first time I recognized a 4:3 within 16:9 and the "problem". So it's more of a nice-to-have thing ... Very nice Plugin anyway!

Yes you would loose some parts.

In the configuration tab advanced view mode you can set all existing view modes for each "rule".

4:3 within 16:9 is 16:9 with side bars.

But honestly the shipped settings should work with the German broadcastings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom