How to play video with single click ? (1 Viewer)

delboyuk

Portal Member
January 20, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Having now had some time to play with the Solis supplied mod, i have thought of a possible enhancement.

I use my Micro$oft Media Centre Remote to control MediaPortal. Would it be possible to modify the existing 'mod' further such that the 'OK' button opens the selected Movie Directory/Folder, whilst the 'PLAY' button does the current OneClick function to immediately play the movie without opening the selected Movie Directory/Folder.

This way the Solis mod would give the best of both worlds - if that makes sense. Thanks.... Del

flyte

Portal Pro
November 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Yes, i agree.
Moving Pictures is the best plugin for pure 'official' movies. Of course I use it myself a lot.

But if one also has a lot of other stuff and therefore also use MyVideos preferebly in shares view sometimes both for movies and other videos and clips an so on, this mod gives you at least a little better experience than the original MyVideos. I like the idea to have the best of both worlds :)

I agree that Moving Pictures lacks in many ways when you are dealing with a large video collection. But sorting and genre filtering are features slated for later releases. When that happens, I think MovingPictures will be the standard movies plugin.

solis66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi
    modify the existing 'mod' further such that the 'OK' button opens the selected Movie Directory/Folder, whilst the 'PLAY' button does the current OneClick function
    I was thinking of something like open folder with F9/Info button so it would not be to confusing.

SmokeWatcher
    It didn't work for my ISO file. I had to click on the folder, then on the file. VOBs work great for me though.
    This I will look into. I guess you have added ISO as valid movie file type in MP Configurration.

delboyuk

Portal Member
    January 20, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was thinking of something like open folder with F9/Info button so it would not be to confusing.

@solis. In that case, would it be possible to put a suitable comment line in the code to show what key values could be changed and where so that i (and other users) could customise what key did what ?

Thanks.. Del

So, my question is - is there a way to get the movie to start playback immediately when i click OK or Play on just the required movie folder (ie. just one click to play) without the waste of opening the folder ??

Yes. Install the superior MovingPictures plugin. There is an advanced settings option that toggles the "click" / select behavior.

@flyte. Thanks for this suggestion, i will give it a try later today.

I have to say as a newbie to MediaPortal, that the number of options/plugins/skins in simply amazing, and that the help & suggestions of experienced users & friendly forum members is most welcome.

:D to you all for your help. Del :)

solis66

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    del,
    would it be possible to put a suitable comment line in the code to show what key values could be changed and where so that i (and other users) could customise what key did what ?
    F9 on the keyboard is the same as right-click with mouse is the same as 'info'button in a generic MCE remote, if that's what you mean. Correct me if i'm wrong.

And do have a try at Moving Pictures. Its great, but as work in progress it has some features left to polish on, like filter system and better control over network drives, but its coming soforth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom