How to prevent automatic deletion of recordings? (1 Viewer)

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thanks PD.
    So, can I understand that if I disable all those 3 plugins, nothing will be deleted automatically? And just to make sure, does this mean that "Television->Recording->Disk Quota" will then become meaningless?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I would try them one by one, even though they are under plugins, do not be surprised if there may be other side effects.

Record something short that can be used to test with, and let us know your findings.

Regards

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I'll later try it and let you know. I will have to do it carefully since I do not want to lose recorded programs in the process. I hope setting the recordings folder to a new one is enough to prevent MP from deleting anything other then in the new folder. If you think differently, please let me know before I am doing something stupid...

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Ray, indeed it should have been simple...
    It was very confusing and I could not get to a conclusion.
    First I saw that recordings are indeed deleted automatically when the disk is full.
    Then I tried making experiments. Enabling the 3 plugins one by one. And I tried also the combination of any 2 of them together. Unfortunately it did not delete anymore even when all 3 of them where enabled.

I could not understand at all the meaning of the 3 plugins and their relation to the "Disk quota" setting.

diehard2 , frodo if you are reading this, can you give some words about it, and how is it going to be with the TV server?

10x.

Doron

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 11, 2006
    Nahariya
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Well, I have the answers now.
    For some reason the tooltips for the plugins are not shown in my HTPC, so I did not realize they exist...
    From the tooltips along with frodo's documented source code files, it is quite clear what it does. It also partialy explains why it was so confusing when I tried to figure it out by experiments.

TV Diskspace:
    Deletes old TV recordings according to the defined quota when there is not enough free disk space.
    Checks the diskspace on each harddisk. If the diskspace used by recordings exceeds the disk quota set on the drive then it will delete oldest recordings until the disk quota is not exceeded anymore.
    It will run once every 15 minutes.

TV Episodes Cleanup:
    Handles TV episodes management.
    When the number of recorded episodes for a title exceeds the defined maximum number of episodes, it will delete oldest episodes.
    It runs each time a recording ends.

TV Recordings Cleanup:
    Deletes old TV recordings by date.
    For each recording it looks at the Keep until settings. If the current date > keep until date, then it will delete the recording from the database and harddisk.
    It runs every 4 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom