How To Put Values in Manual Timed Recording (1 Viewer)

ldarms44

Portal Member
November 2, 2015
Huntsville, AL
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
This is the first encounter with MediaPortal. I am trying to get it setup to replace Windows Media Center which I will lose when I go to Windows 10 from 7. I have all the channels and can play live TV but I can not get the manual timed recording to work at all. I go to MP2, TV, Schedules, but when I click on Time On, Time Off, Channels nothing is clickable. I wish some one had a "Media Portal for Dummies". This the hardest thing I have ever tried to setup. Please someone tell me how I can get the Time On, Time Off, Channels to allow me to enter values!! Someone said click "New" but my MP2 does not have "New" that I can see.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @ge2301 ,
    but I can not get the manual timed recording to work at all.
    Indeed sometimes you just want to schedule a recording from Time 1 to Time 2 on a given channel without caring about EPG. Is this something that would be possible to add to an existing MP2 menu screen or is it a major undertaking that requires coding first?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually this is also what i know from the old times with video tapes. You had to simply add start and end time for recordings.
    How far this makes sense nowadays I can not say, because is never use the recording function :)

Nevertheless this can not be realized only from skin, so I fear it's out of my power.
    @morpheus_xx does it make sense to add a function for manual recording as described above? the question would be also which screen or or menu would be feasible for this option.

ldarms44

Portal Member
    November 2, 2015
    Huntsville, AL
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I don't understand-The manual recording feature is there but it is not CLICKABLE!!! Open MediaPortal 2, go toTV, Schedules and there it is!! Why is it there if it is not CLICKABLE or have a way to enter values of time on, tine off, and channels. Please someone explain this to me.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually this is also what i know from the old times with video tapes. You had to simply add start and end time for recordings.
    How far this makes sense nowadays I can not say, because is never use the recording function :)

Nevertheless this can not be realized only from skin, so I fear it's out of my power.
    @morpheus_xx does it make sense to add a function for manual recording as described above? the question would be also which screen or or menu would be feasible for this option.
    This is working under the hood already, i.e. if you record a channel without EPG data (i.e. from TV guide view or live TV fullscreen), it will create a recording with name "manual" and a specific time range (would need to check code for exact logic).

I don´t remember if there is a complete manual input of schedule yet (means channel, start+duration), probably not yet.
    I really had no use of such a function because of the good filled EPG, but it can be implemented quite easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom