how to record to a disk in a NAS? (1 Viewer)

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Does the stream user account have a password?

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Actually the service runs as local system by default. To record to a NAS you need to configure it to run as the user account. The account needs to have a password and the username and password must be the same as on the NAS.

Cobie85

Portal Member
    February 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Actually the service runs as local system by default. To record to a NAS you need to configure it to run as the user account. The account needs to have a password and the username and password must be the same as on the NAS.

I understand that the local user has to be the same as the NAS user. The problem is that the TVService Service won't start with my new local user.

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You may need to add the new account to the Admin group on the TV server to make it work?

Just out of interest..... What are peoples thoughts on recording straight to a NAS? Any issues with performance etc?

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just out of interest..... What are peoples thoughts on recording straight to a NAS? Any issues with performance etc?

It worked like a charm, it was great!!...Everything was recording perfectly for months... Until the last MP update of 1.2.3 :( After that update, I can't get rcording to my NAS to work... And I have no Idea what else I can do or try to get it to work again...
    What I am sure of is that the MP update screwed it up.
    Same behaviour as when I run tv service as a local account, even though I set it to what's discussed above.
    So I switched after the update from the local acount again...do I forget something to do?
    I hope it isn't yet another new bug...

Is somebody able to test recording to a NAS? I would be really greatfull!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom