How to remove menu overlay (1 Viewer)

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
July 22, 2011
Hi all,

In the latest version of MP2, when watching TV, if you press the recorded TV button whilst watching tv the menu on the left pops out and also the top bar menu etc. I cant get rid of this without stopping the TV show and starting again. I use a Harmony 650 remote with the MCE button config. If you are able to tell me what the actual assigned button is called I can then map this :)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.4 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please check wiki, it’s described how to reach the TV Fullscreen and how the key is called.

Btw, the top bar is always visible besides in fullscreen. By pressing the recording button you are guided to the recording screen.

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Hi. Thanks for your help. I had a look but this is relating to the OSD (onscreen display) for when you are watching tv. I can get rid of this by pressing the info button. The problem I have is when you are watching tv or a movie, if you press the "recorded TV" button then a menu on the left pops up ontop of the currently playing video/tv and shows you the recordings menu. I cant get rid of this menu and go back to the currently playing video/tv. (if you look at the image in the first post you will see the menu on the left)

If you try it on yours you will see what I mean.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi. Thanks for your help. I had a look but this is relating to the OSD (onscreen display) for when you are watching tv. I can get rid of this by pressing the info button. The problem I have is when you are watching tv or a movie, if you press the "recorded TV" button then a menu on the left pops up ontop of the currently playing video/tv and shows you the recordings menu. I cant get rid of this menu and go back to the currently playing video/tv. (if you look at the image in the first post you will see the menu on the left)

If you try it on yours you will see what I mean.
    Hi,
    ok, it's more clear now what you mean. I never faced such problem, because I do not have recordings.
    Can you just confirm one thing: If you press "info" again or "back" the slide menu does not close?
    I'll take a look into that when I find time.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    This is not related to "TV Recordings". What to see on your screenshot is the currently playing media as background while you are navigating in the GUI. If you want to go back to fullscreen playback you simply need to press the "red" button (above the volume control buttons) on the remote. You will encounter this every time you play a video (no matter if it is a movie, a series, a recording or live TV) and you do some sort of navigation. Then you will end up with the currently playing video as background for the GUI elements. A single press on the remote toggles to fullscreen playback...
    As long as a media is playing it replaces the background image on all GUI screens. You can have a video as background while you are reading the news or browse your images or,... Nobody expects music playback to stop when you navigate to a different screen. The same is (has to be) valid for video playback.
    By the way, Kodi, Plex and Emby are acting exactly the same way, so it's a very common feature.

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Hi Lehmden,

Thanks for the reply. The problem is if you press the TV recordinng button then the menu on the left (in the pic at start of post) pops up with recordings. This is the menu that wont go away. Even if you press the red recorded TV button nothing happens.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Even if you press the red recorded TV button nothing happens.
    Not the "record" button, the "red" button you need to press:
    harmony.jpg

If this did not work you most likely haven't configured your Harmony completely as MCE remote. You also can try to press "F" (means Shift + f ) on the keyboard. It should do the same...
    Keyboard shortcuts

stirlinghart

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2011
    Sorry I meant that button. I use the red button. Try it on yours. Play movie or TV and press red button. You probably won't be able to close menu.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Try it on yours
    I've tried it just before I wrote my last post because I didn't remember if the keyboard shortcut also is working. Indeed it is working (both, red button and shift + f) as it should like all the years I'm using MP2 now...
    Have you tried to press shift + f on keyboard? If keyboard is working your remote is not properly configured. If this also did not work, something is wrong with your MP2 setup (but I don't know what)...

Edit:
    The only thing that can possibly prevent the button from working also everything is configured correct is if something else has "stolen" the focus from MP2 screen. But then no remote button should work and you need to get the focus back by clicking somewhere on the MP2 screen with the mouse...

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry I meant that button. I use the red button. Try it on yours. Play movie or TV and press red button. You probably won't be able to close menu.
    You mix up some things. On your screenshot there is a menu on the right side. On the left side is the MI item view, where the recordings are shown. It's not an overlay, by pressing the recording key you completely change the screen and leave the Fullscreen. In BlueVision skin e.g. you don't even see the video in the background, this is Win10 theme specific.
    As Lehmden said and I explained in the beginning you need to press the right key or map the right keym everything is found in WIKI. Apart from that you can also go to full screen in the right menu, just select "fullscreen video". In your screenshot you are just one entry away from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom