how to rename a file for "specials" in Series (1 Viewer)

Testus2K

August 11, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
is there any way to import specials, if it doesn't work automaticly?
the "unaired Pilot" of the big bang theory was detected and i have acces by choose S0E00 under "Season1" AND under "Specials".
But better that way, then the other.
for Dexter's early Cuts for example, i found no way to get it in MyTVSeries.

Is there a posible pattern wich makes sure, that i can create a match with the Data at thetvdb.com?

thx

ps:
at the Config of the Program i can sometimes choose wich of my episodes matches with wich of all episodes of a series, is there a way to get there on purpose? it cames just if the Program matches the series, but not the episode i think (even if that doesn't work right, the Episodes shown twice after i say next)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I'm not sure I understand. Specials are Season 0, however often they are meant to be shown between specific (regular) episodes, that is why sometimes they will also show up in other seasons. If you don't want that you can disable it (called "inline sorting of specials")
    Dexter's early cuts are available on thetvdb as specials, so you just have to name them that way and they will show up. You can import them like any other episode. A possible "pattern" is "Series - 0x01 - Title.avi". You can also just manually fill out this information in Step one of the Import Wizard. Just make sure to always give them a season and episode, even if you later manully change it (this is a limitation currently).

The page you are talking about is the manual episode matching wizard page, You cannot currently trigger this for existing series, however you can just delete a series from the database, import again and you will get to that page. Then you can match them up.

Testus2K

August 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: how to rename a file for "specials" in Series

S0 for specials, that seems to work, at least for Dexter...very thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom