How to reset tv recordings database (1 Viewer)

Fab55

Portal Pro
November 29, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

at the moment I want to give Mediaportal 2 a second chance (I am coming from Mediaportal 1).
I switched a few times between Mediaportal 1 and Mediaportal 2.
Now, it seems, that the recordings database of Mediaportal 2 is not in sync anymore.
It shows me recordings, which I already deleted (I think in Mediaportal 1).
When I open the tv server configuration of Mediaportal 2, I pressed a few times "Delete invald entries" but it changes nothing.

My question:
Is there a way to

a) delete recordings from database manually
b) delete complete recordings database (to import recordings from HDD afterwards)
?

Thanks and best regards
Fab55

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The cleanup of deleted recordings happens automatically. The respective option in the Config has no function in MP2.

Did you activate the ShareWatcher for the recording share? If not, trigger a reimport in the settings section.

You can also delete the TV database - stop the server first. A new, empty one will be created at the next start. You will then need to redo the TV settings.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks @HTPCSourcer for answering. I'd like to correct a few things:

Did you activate the ShareWatcher for the recording share?
    ShareWatcher must not be activated on Recording shares, otherwise it will run way too often (ongoing recording could cause unneeded reimports).

You can also delete the TV database - stop the server first. A new, empty one will be created at the next start. You will then need to redo the TV settings.
    This won't have any effect on MP2 recordings views. So I would not recommend this action, it causes a full re-setup of channels a.s.o.

If not, trigger a reimport in the settings section.
    This is the only manual way to bring back the recordings list in sync.

An automatical sync is triggered on every recording start/end. This should also bring the list up-to-date again.

Fab55

Portal Pro
    November 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I could resolve my issue.
    My main problem I could found in another thread (TV Recordings not showing up in list). So I had to delete the source.
    Then I stopped the service, opened with DB Browser for SQLite the two databases and a few SQL statements later the recordings where completely deleted from databases.
    After that I imported the recordings again within the tv configuration tool.
    Now it seems to work.

Thanks for your help.
    Fab55

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ShareWatcher must not be activated on Recording shares, otherwise it will run way too often (ongoing recording could cause unneeded reimports).
    My experience is different. No poblems here and recordings show up immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom