Codecs How to resize 720p material but still use DXVA for 1080p ? (1 Viewer)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I want to resize because my resolution settings on my 1080p plasma tv is set to 1920X1080 and the result of that is that 720p material played in MP becomes a little sqaure on the tv. 1080p material is not a problem because it the same res as the tv. As I said I tried to use MP zoom settings (normal) with mostly bad result . I get purple artifacts when I do that. So I have to rezise 720p material somehow.
    The resizing of the material is usually done by the GPU. I don't understand what you mean by 'it becomes a little square on the tv', you should explain that in more detail. Also fill out your system specifications. I am sure the purple artifacts can be solved otherwise.

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: How to resize 720p material but still use DXVA for 1080p ?

The resizing of the material is usually done by the GPU.

Usually it is, but resize filters deliver far superior results. Read up on "Spline" based resizing, and see for yourself what you missed out on all those years ;)

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: How to resize 720p material but still use DXVA for 1080p ?

He wants to do hardware for 1080p, but software for 720p.

hoborg

Portal Pro
    June 13, 2008
    Nový Jičín
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    You can use LAV video decoder (or any CUDA dased one) or Cyberlink HAM video decoder to decode video using GPU, then do any postrpocessing by for example FFDshow RAW video filter to resize.
    But not by using DXVA.
    Maybe LAV video will be able to use DXVA 2.0, then any postrpocessing filter, but not right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom